Today was why S pen is awesome

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Had to ring bed company about needing some parts. Rang them up but turns out I needed customer service number so no pen and paper..pull out my s pen during the call action memo the number on the call then actioned to call them.

As I completed my issue I needed to write down the ref number so once again s pen and action memo to the rescue

Times like this is why the note is the best device ever..I would of been in trouble with any other device.

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I received a non-editable pdf from my gym for my membership, and was able to fill it in right on my N4 with the S-Pen. It was terrific to avoid the print / scan (or mail) song and dance.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I often see ads on the subway I may want to look into later. S Pen!
A lottery number I want to play later... S Pen!

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I keep a few newspaper crosswords scanned in from camscanner. Handy in an emergency :)

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I was and am a huge advocate for the S pen. But I got so sick and tired of so many on this forum telling me the S pen was never used and over rated. I love this thread and hope it becomes popular as people share their enthusiasm for the S pen. My opinion is, if you own the Note 4 and don't use the S pen you are screwing yourself over.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have still only pulled the pen out a couple time to play with it, but never to use it. I just don't find use cases. This thread caught my attention, but the things people are writing, I don't see why you wouldn't just type them into something like Google Keep? How does the pen make it easier?

I will say, the document signing sounds cool. I hope I remember that if I ever need to do that.

RiverDog

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I somehow set this up (if I did I don't remember doing so) but I noticed my S notes show up in Evernote. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I found out. Does this work for anyone else?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if I somehow set this up (if I did I don't remember doing so) but I noticed my S notes show up in Evernote. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I found out. Does this work for anyone else?

I've never used Evernote as S-Note has always met my needs.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have still only pulled the pen out a couple time to play with it, but never to use it. I just don't find use cases. This thread caught my attention, but the things people are writing, I don't see why you wouldn't just type them into something like Google Keep? How does the pen make it easier?

I will say, the document signing sounds cool. I hope I remember that if I ever need to do that.

It's far quicker with the pen and you action it straight away

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

agreed, still have not seen a single reason for me.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Those that say you don't use it.. *try*... :)

I was the same way for the first few weeks until I started playing with the SPen to figure it out.

My most recent example... I took a photo with my camera of my computer monitor of a phone number I needed on screen for later. Smart selected the phone number in the photo, saved to contacts then dialed ..

The OCR capabilities of this device with the SPen are amazing alone... But this is just a small example of once you actively start using the SPen. Ideas come to mind that you hadn't though of before and things start to make sense.

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

For one, when you enter it as an action memo with the S pen you can save it from there as a new contact and it adds all the info into your contact list. That alone is far better than entering it into Google Keep. Am I the only one who often has someone give me their number and I need to create a new contact, so I have to hurry and enter contacts, hit add new contact, and then take the number from them? Sure it's do-able to live life that way but why? This is far superior.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thing about the S pen is that you CAN do most things without it. But why the h would you buy the Note and then try to find reasons to not use the S pen? I get that you might not use it out of habit and haven't found a massive use case for yourself, but when people are saying how it can be useful, why fight it? Why sit and say: "Oh yeah well sure, that sounds all fantastic but I could do it THIS way that only takes ten extra minutes! So there! S pen is obviously useless because of how I do things!". I choose not to do that. I don't need the S pen in order to do things, and I don't use it everyday even. But when someone has a good idea on how to use it, I try it out instead of trying desperately to never remove it from it's sheath and unleash it's power.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My SPen uses:

1. Eating a greasy lunch, don't want to smudge up my screen but still want to use my phone at lunch. The SPen becomes a spare (clean) finger.

2. Find a really interesting picture in a web browser or in my "comic of the day app", pull out the SPen, square lasso the image and save it in Samsung Scrapbook or forward onto someone in a Google hangout chat.

3. Great for those phone calls when you need to write down some info quickly. No need to search for pen & paper. Pull out the SPen and click Action Memo.

4. Being able to take handwritten notes in Action Memo or SNote AND (best of all) using S-Finder to be able to quickly search through all my handwritten notes for any text. Awesome! And you don't have to convert the handwritten text to typed text. Even more awesome!

5. Annotating screen shots and quickly sending it to someone.

6. Sketching out an picture/idea when your fat finger just won't do for accuracy.