04-28-2015 10:02 PM
66 123
tools
    Need to write something quick? on lockscreen, hold the button and double tap the screen with the pen, you get an action memo, you can even type numbers there then just "link to action" and you have it
    That's pretty cool. I never knew that was possible. Very handy. Thanks!
    01-14-2015 07:42 PM
    Okay.
    Attached Thumbnails Today was why S pen is awesome-1421290092191.jpg  
    01-14-2015 08:48 PM
    At my work, my work is of sorts mapping our products with real life. I take image of what I am looking for, notes down possible products we have along with what shelf. And then by my shelf I can note down whether or not I think it's a fit. And I did it all with my S-pen

Also, when someone asks me to do something, and I put up my phone with pen. Hold the pen button and double taps lock screen and start noting his words down. I feel so professional it's hardly possible to imagine unless you've done it yourself xD

Not to mention the fact I always trie use the pen instead of my keyboard, to preserve the long lost art of handwriting!
    01-15-2015 04:21 AM
    Feel happy to have a Galaxy Note 2
    01-15-2015 04:52 AM
    Feel happy to have a Galaxy Note 2
    ...and you should, it's a nice phone.
    01-15-2015 06:03 AM
    Re. editing PDF files, as I understand it, if you add annotations to a PDF using screen write you are just saving a screenshot bitmap. If you annotate the file after importing it as PDF into S Note you are editing the PDF file itself or a copy of it and so saving the complete file, still keeping it as a PDF.

There was a thread here recently about importing PDF files into S Note.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-15-2015 07:06 AM
    This is interesting. I have a required PIN lock screen (Foxfi), pulling out the S-Pen, hold pen button and double tap screen, nothing happens. Once PIN is entered and home screen is open, this sequence works.
    01-15-2015 08:15 AM
    For one, when you enter it as an action memo with the S pen you can save it from there as a new contact and it adds all the info into your contact list.
    Just tried that. Awesome.

You know, I'm definitely underusing the S-Pen. Every time I see one of these threads, I find great new uses. It is a very powerful too. Samsung should hold seminars on it.
    LegalAmerican and Sammuel1973 like this.
    01-15-2015 09:39 AM
    I get really irritated when I'm trying to swype type and keep getting typos so after about the third mistake, I take out the pen and start writing my texts or facebook replies or whatever which then gets turned into text and entered with no typos. Actually I don't think it works with the actual "swype" keyboard but with the samsung keyboard you can still swype to type. Anyway, I was excited to find out that I could write my responses to texts and that basically anywhere I would enter text I can now hand write it. I also love to cut pics off the internet for photography shoot ideas I have, make my notes and add them to my "scrapbook" for later. I just love it for so many reasons!!!
    heathersimon likes this.
    01-15-2015 09:43 AM
    Re. editing PDF files, as I understand it, if you add annotations to a PDF using screen write you are just saving a screenshot bitmap. If you annotate the file after importing it as PDF into S Note you are editing the PDF file itself or a copy of it and so saving the complete file, still keeping it as a PDF.

There was a thread here recently about importing PDF files into S Note.

I noticed that, but the admins at the gym said what I sent back worked for them and they were going to print it out (better them than me!) to put in my file. I'm glad to know the "official" way to do it, though - thanks!
    01-15-2015 10:10 AM
    I noticed that, but the admins at the gym said what I sent back worked for them and they were going to print it out (better them than me!) to put in my file. I'm glad to know the "official" way to do it, though - thanks!
    Sorry, I wasn't being picky, it's just that being able to annotate pdf can be very useful if it's multiple pages or if you just don't want to lose embedded fonts.

heathersimon and monsieurms like this.
    01-15-2015 11:05 AM
    Sorry, I wasn't being picky, it's just that being able to annotate pdf can be very useful if it's multiple pages or if you just don't want to lose embedded fonts.

I didn't think you were - I'm genuinely grateful to have learned something new today.
    01-15-2015 11:17 AM
    Had to ring bed company about needing some parts. Rang them up but turns out I needed customer service number so no pen and paper..pull out my s pen during the call action memo the number on the call then actioned to call them.

As I completed my issue I needed to write down the ref number so once again s pen and action memo to the rescue

Times like this is why the note is the best device ever..I would of been in trouble with any other device.
    That's great. Like having infinite post-it notes in your pocket.
    01-18-2015 07:46 PM
    That's great. Like having infinite post-it notes in your pocket.
    except they don't get crinkled . . .
    01-18-2015 07:51 PM
    I don't know if I somehow set this up (if I did I don't remember doing so) but I noticed my S notes show up in Evernote. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I found out. Does this work for anyone else?
    If i recall sometime after starting S Notes you get prompted about syncing via Samsung or Evernote and you choose.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    01-19-2015 12:26 AM
    i stopped using a stylus with my treo 700WX back in 2006. using a pen and paper is also a thing of the past. ill be damned if im going to use the spen now LOL
    01-19-2015 05:30 AM
    i stopped using a stylus with my treo 700WX back in 2006. using a pen and paper is also a thing of the past. ill be damned if im going to use the spen now LOL
    Whatever works for you is the right solution. Some like to write or draw and it's good to have the option. Sooner or later, though, you may find it easier to write something down than to type etc.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    01-19-2015 05:39 AM
    Further....
    Attached Thumbnails Today was why S pen is awesome-1421667825806.jpg  
    Katrina White1 and gvlakers like this.
    01-19-2015 05:43 AM
    There was a point in time when I felt that way, too. However, unlike the Treo, which I also used, the S Pen is optional. You can choose the input method that works best at the moment. If I'm alone and in a quiet place, i.e., usually at home, I'm relying on voice more and more. It's become great.

And it does do other things besides input---the original use that I had for it was taking and then annotating screenshots, click and email it to myself or post on FB. Let's see a Treo stylus do that.
    plumcrazy and starbuckk like this.
    01-19-2015 07:08 AM
    Honestly, I'm same way. I haven't used post-notes or written in a notebook in years, I much prefer typing with the virtual keyboard, its neater and faster for me. The great thing about the screen size of the Note is that the keyboard is the perfect size in portrait mode for typing, I find myself actually looking for reasons to type something up.

As for the spen, its still kinda neat even though I barely use it. Its use full when needing to take screenshots or highlighting text. Plus in another thread this calculator app was brought to my attention and it is awesome. Myscript calculator, and their Notes app is also pretty cool.

01-19-2015 09:14 PM
    To each their own as someone else said, but curiously (since you are following a Note forum I'm admittedly making an assumption) why would you own a Note instead of an S5 if you never intended to use the signature feature?

01-19-2015 11:42 PM
    To each their own as someone else said, but curiously (since you are following a Note forum I'm admittedly making an assumption) why would you own a Note instead of an S5 if you never intended to use the signature feature?

size. thats pretty much the only reason. the larger screen helps these old eyes handle all the darn email i have to read al day long
    01-20-2015 05:30 AM
    The Note series isn't just about the S-Pen (as great as that is). They're about having the most overall awesome phones ever conceived. Their size, specs, and overall feature-set is what makes this true, not just the S-Pen.
    01-20-2015 05:42 AM
    The Note series isn't just about the S-Pen (as great as that is). They're about having the most overall awesome phones ever conceived. Their size, specs, and overall feature-set is what makes this true, not just the S-Pen.
    Absolutely. In fact, not knowing what I know now, if they had offered a cheaper version without the S Pen, I might well have preferred it at the time.
    01-20-2015 08:36 AM
    Thing about the S pen is that you CAN do most things without it. But why the h would you buy the Note and then try to find reasons to not use the S pen? I get that you might not use it out of habit and haven't found a massive use case for yourself, but when people are saying how it can be useful, why fight it? Why sit and say: "Oh yeah well sure, that sounds all fantastic but I could do it THIS way that only takes ten extra minutes! So there! S pen is obviously useless because of how I do things!". I choose not to do that. I don't need the S pen in order to do things, and I don't use it everyday even. But when someone has a good idea on how to use it, I try it out instead of trying desperately to never remove it from it's sheath and unleash it's power.
    X1,000K

LegalAmerican likes this.
    01-20-2015 09:14 AM
66 123