04-28-2015 11:02 PM
66 123
tools
    Any phone that lacks the S pen holds no attraction for me whatsoever. The S pen is the reason I am a huge Samsung (Note)fan! It's just awesome, I'm shocked there are people who don't use it 😯

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-20-2015 02:06 PM
    Any phone that lacks the S pen holds no attraction for me whatsoever. The S pen is the reason I am a huge Samsung (Note)fan! It's just awesome, I'm shocked there are people who don't use it 😯

What may work infinitely well for you may not work at all for someone else through no fault of your own or theirs.

Personally, I love the S Pen so much that I couldn't even have 2nd handset without it. Now I'm loving the 4 and the 3.
    01-20-2015 02:27 PM
    What may work infinitely well for you may not work at all for someone else through no fault of your own or theirs.

Personally, I love the S Pen so much that I couldn't even have 2nd handset without it. Now I'm loving the 4 and the 3.
    I really want to use the S Pen but I have benign tremors which can cause my hands to shake. It can be difficult to write with pen & paper at times but with the slick glass surface it is well nigh impossible for me to write legibly on my Note 4. But I bought the phone for its screen size and clarity and for its performance and I'm delighted with it.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    01-20-2015 02:52 PM
    How do you import the PDF in S Note? I don't see an option there on the Note 4. All I see in the 'Insert' menu is: Voice memo, Voice recordings, Image, Video, Illustration, Clipboard, Scrapbook, Maps, Easy Chart and Idea Sketch.

I currently use Papyrus to import PDFs and then annotate on them and save them to my box.net account so I can have them on my computer and tablet too
    02-11-2015 12:29 PM
    Sorry to ask but in an earlier reply to this post someone mentioned about the ability to use the s pen to write text messages or a fb post which then gets converted to text, how is this done ?
    04-28-2015 03:17 AM
    Oh a S-Pen appreciation thread.

I'm a artist and the Note phones are great for me, since Note 4 uses 2048 pressure I just open up the autodesk sketchbook and I can sketch some ideas about my future illustrations that I have while i'm on the go (I work mainly in digital so I always carry a Surface Pro with me, and I hate to take it out to sketch ideas)
    04-28-2015 04:48 AM
    Sorry to ask but in an earlier reply to this post someone mentioned about the ability to use the s pen to write text messages or a fb post which then gets converted to text, how is this done ?
    Open the keyboard, Swype or stock both work in my tests, hover the s pen over the area that would be where text starts to show up when typing/sliding and a little on with a T in it shows on the screen. Tap it, handwriting box shows up.
    Today was why S pen is awesome-uploadfromtaptalk1430227930107.jpg
    Today was why S pen is awesome-uploadfromtaptalk1430227948194.jpg
    Today was why S pen is awesome-uploadfromtaptalk1430228054923.jpg
    Leafs1201 and geekaren like this.
    04-28-2015 09:34 AM
    Good information Guys.Thank you

04-28-2015 10:10 AM
    Is there a way to make spen work with Google keep?

04-28-2015 10:14 AM
    Is there a way to make spen work with Google keep?

works with Google.handwriting recognition
    04-28-2015 10:49 AM
    Those that say you don't use it.. *try*...

I was the same way for the first few weeks until I started playing with the SPen to figure it out.

My most recent example... I took a photo with my camera of my computer monitor of a phone number I needed on screen for later. Smart selected the phone number in the photo, saved to contacts then dialed ..

The OCR capabilities of this device with the SPen are amazing alone... But this is just a small example of once you actively start using the SPen. Ideas come to mind that you hadn't though of before and things start to make sense.

Here's an example. I took a landscape photo of my computer screen with your post on it. I then pulled up that picture on my screen and smart-selected it, and hit the "T" at the upper right. Instantly, most of your post was text that I can use anywhere.

Today was why S pen is awesome-screenshot_2015-04-28-14-01-59.jpgToday was why S pen is awesome-screenshot_2015-04-28-14-02-05.jpg

There are a couple of OCR errors, but I was able to copy that to my clipboard and with a couple of minor edits I would have had the original text.

This took well under a minute to do.

It's quite literally changed my workflow in meetings. Take a picture of the whiteboard, get the text, cut and paste it into an email. Boom.
    geekaren and goin_nil like this.
    04-28-2015 02:09 PM
    To have the S pen pop up on the Lock Screen make sure that under Settings>Lock Screen the SNote option is checked.

For me with a password locked lock screen I sometimes have to do the hold the S pen button/double tap screen twice.
    geekaren likes this.
    04-28-2015 07:11 PM
    When my ear canals itch, S-Pen to the rescue!
    04-28-2015 09:33 PM
    It's quite literally changed my workflow in meetings. Take a picture of the whiteboard, get the text, cut and paste it into an email. Boom.
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
    04-28-2015 09:57 PM
    When my ear canals itch, S-Pen to the rescue!
    Better left un-shared. :-(
    04-28-2015 09:58 PM
    I love using it for Web browsing! On sites that are not mobile friendly, you can accurately click those tiny links without having to zoom in every time you want to navigate to another page... and let's face it, there are plenty of websites that are not mobile friendly.

04-28-2015 11:02 PM
66 123