hello everyone i seem to be having a little issue with my note 4 unlocking in my pocket, ( at work) today for example it unlocked itself and started to play videos . Any ideas on why it would be unlocking in my pocket. hopefully its just a setting or something that i have over looked . thanks
    01-13-2015 01:18 PM
    Weird things happen in the pocket.

Mine took itself off of the Airplane mode once.

The other time I took the Note out of the pocket to find a terminal looking screen with a few options, one of which was to reformat the phone.
    dave3389 likes this.
    01-13-2015 02:07 PM
    I carry my phone in my pocket exclusively. I use the fingerprint unlocking method and have never had it unlock in my pocket. I've never had a problem with the fingerprint unlock, either.

Posted via Android Central App
    shaleem and dave3389 like this.
    01-13-2015 05:19 PM
    I use the finger scan to unlock as well and I've had no problems at all with it. Never had it unlock, or open in my pocket.
    dave3389 likes this.
    01-13-2015 05:22 PM
    I don't like the finger security. Doesn't work well for me. But I do have the Flip SView case. I never have problems

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2015 06:26 PM
    hello everyone i seem to be having a little issue with my note 4 unlocking in my pocket, ( at work) today for example it unlocked itself and started to play videos . Any ideas on why it would be unlocking in my pocket. hopefully its just a setting or something that i have over looked . thanks
    What do you have selected for your screen lock? if you just have swipe it could be easily unlocked with a couple of nudges. Also, this issue happened to my Mum, she has the S5. The phone would unlock in her pocket and start playing music while she was working (I thought it was quite funny) I suggested to her to remove the Air Wake up function. As the phone was constantly waking up in her pocket. Do you have Air Wake up activated? try turning this off and see if the issue continues. On the Note 4 its located under Dexterity and Interaction in the Accessibility section in settings.
    dave3389 likes this.
    01-14-2015 04:50 AM
    Yup. I use the fingerprint unlock as well when used in the pocket and it works for the most part except for one major flaw...

When you get a call and using Bluetooth the screen comes on as normal while in the pocket. It takes a few seconds for it to go black. This also happens when you hang up. During this period, it registered a boat load of touches just about removing every widget I had, deleted some apps and contacts, and made my phone hotter than Venus killing my battery in just a few minutes just to name a few.

Now mind you, this doesn't happen often....but it does happen....and it's really...REALLY freakin' annoying.
    01-14-2015 04:57 AM
    Think I've sorted it for now. Gone back to original lock screen. Was using cover, and start. ( not at the same time) seems to be doing fine now. Shame I can't use dash clock. Thank you to everyone for the replies
    01-14-2015 10:30 AM
    Back to work today, and still the same problem. Will have to use a pattern or pass code to unlock I think. Phone started playing all the alarm clock sounds
    01-15-2015 08:20 AM
    i have changed to a pattern lock now so fingers crossed that does the job
    01-15-2015 03:04 PM