Anyone have a suggestion on how to change the default notification reminder in the stock calendar app? I love that I can jot down an event with the S-pen but I'm forced to go into settings to change the reminder time. Typically I like to be reminded a day prior and then an hour before an event.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2015 04:04 PM
    Welcome to the forums. If you open the calendar, then click menu>settings, is there a notification option there?
    01-13-2015 04:44 PM
    I'm not sure about the stock calendar but I use Calengoo. Calengoo allows you to set up to 5 different reminders by default and choose the type of reminder (ie pop-up, SMS, email). I added some to sure you in the picture.

You can also have unlimited snooze options. I have four default snooze options that I use (4 min, 9 min, 1 hour, 1 day - there is a method to my madness :-)
    Attached Thumbnails How do I change the Samsung calendar default notification reminder?-1421186992077.jpg  
    01-13-2015 05:11 PM
    I use aCalendar for its widget, but the functionality of the S-pen is fantastic in the stock calendar given that you can write down an even and it stores it in the calendar. It makes it fast, especially when I have multiple events to enter. These are the only options available and none lead me to a solution.
    How do I change the Samsung calendar default notification reminder?-screenshot_2015-01-13-23-30-13.jpg

01-14-2015 01:37 AM
    You might want to check the Settings for Google calendar online (in a web browser on a computer, not a mobile web browser). You might be able to set default reminders, I don't know. Have not looked but just a thought.

I use aCalendar for its widget, but the functionality of the S-pen is fantastic in the stock calendar given that you can write down an even and it stores it in the calendar. It makes it fast, especially when I have multiple events to enter.
    I don't really see anything special about adding events with the SPen in the stock calendar. Can you post a picture or describe what makes it so easy? How are you doing it? Are you using Action Memo to create the event?

Can you handwrite all the event details and it converts the text to an event? Or you just handwrite the title and then have to tap & click the rest of the details (start time, end time, location, etc)?

What's the trick to creating multiple events easily/quickly? Just the fact that you can handwrite them?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to learn something that might help me too.
    01-14-2015 01:32 PM
    Sorry for the late reply. If you take the S-pen out, go to the stock calendar and double tap on a day, you can write down your appointment and it will auto fill the event for you with as much info as you provide.

01-21-2015 01:25 PM
    Sorry for the late reply. If you take the S-pen out, go to the stock calendar and double tap on a day, you can write down your appointment and it will auto fill the event for you with as much info as you provide.

Sounds neat but I couldn't get this to work with double tap. Tap and hold did work.

But, I found the stock calendar very frustrating to use. I could not figure out how to delete an event or even open one in the day view. Double tapping does not open the meeting, it does nothing. Press and hold an event only allows me to move it or change it's start or end time.
    01-21-2015 03:08 PM

I use this feature and it works great, but works best when there is nothing filled in on that day yet. If you double tap on a day with an appointment already on it, it will only open that scheduled appointment.....at least that's what I get.
    01-21-2015 03:55 PM
    I use this feature and it works great, but works best when there is nothing filled in on that day yet. If you double tap on a day with an appointment already on it, it will only open that scheduled appointment.....at least that's what I get.
    I've found that in that situation a long hold opens the script pad and you can write what you need for a new event.
    GregMargie likes this.
    01-28-2015 12:48 PM
    I've found that in that situation a long hold opens the script pad and you can write what you need for a new event.
    Got it, that worked! Thank you!
    01-28-2015 01:42 PM