01-31-2015 12:14 AM
76 1234
tools
    You can select text in images and it will convert it to regular text to copy and paste--re: it uses OCR. As mentioned, you cannot copy text of FB or other places easily but with the pen you can capture text off images or just the image itself. I often put them in the Scrapbook app that is very handy for organizing thoughts, ideas or research.
    YOU CAN WRITE... no need for little pieces of paper everywhere with your lists or cryptic thoughts or passwords floating around.
    Editing images is very handy with the pen.
    I find "swype-ing" with it far easier than without or even worse, hunt and peck typing.
    You can write on your Calendar app, which can be very handy because it is so much more visual than say the iPhone dots just letting you know "something" is going on a particular day of the month. Typing doesn't always cut it. Sometimes an image really is a thousands words.
    OK, I'll stop.
    The Note 4 is packed full of so many features that people don't notice or use. Part of me feels a little sad for the engineers developing technology many people have no idea about...ha. Reminds me a bit of the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy." That Note 4 that has fallen out of the sky is not fully understood.
    It is BIG, so it could make a great paper weight without much of a learning curve.
    heathersimon and GregMargie like this.
    01-16-2015 06:00 AM
    Having both a note tablet and phone I went for a pen sized stylus that has an eraser head. Very convenient with Lecture Notes or S-Note. My tablet case even has an elastic pen holder for it.

Galaxy Note Genuine Wacom Touch Pen 8pi Stylus (ET-S200EBEG) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PJN1U8...cUvbUpU4181894

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    Dagonnit! You're about to force me to spend more $.
    01-16-2015 06:10 AM
    I use the S Pen for note taking in OneNote and snote every day.

I just found a new (to me) trick yesterday when using the phone with snote. I was on a support call (Bluetooth headset) and taking notes in snote, when I called back later to the same number, a notice pops up just above the dialer showing a thumbnail of the snote and tells me "you created this note the last time you used this number" or something to that effect. I tap the thumbnail and open the last note for this support case.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    01-16-2015 08:34 PM

I just found a new (to me) trick yesterday when using the phone with snote. I was on a support call (Bluetooth headset) and taking notes in snote, when I called back later to the same number, a notice pops up just above the dialer showing a thumbnail of the snote and tells me "you created this note the last time you used this number" or something to that effect. I tap the thumbnail and open the last note for this support case.

Now that IS sliq.
    01-16-2015 08:45 PM
    Well its called the Note series for a reason. If your not going to use the s pen, what's the point of getting a note?
    Could not have said it better myself

May The note 4's be with you
    01-16-2015 08:48 PM
    Could not have said it better myself

May The note 4's be with you
    Well, even without the pen few phones offer the sliq specs the Note does. ...which is why many choose it.
    01-16-2015 10:02 PM
    to be honest I have a really hard time writing with the S pen so it demotivates me from using it much. After reading through this thread I am content to using it more . Thanks for the motivations guys!
    01-17-2015 03:21 AM
    Well its called the Note series for a reason. If your not going to use the s pen, what's the point of getting a note?
    Size, and great specs.
    01-17-2015 12:33 PM
    I use it to jot stuff down. It is right there on the phone, paper, well the phone is paper in the pocket all the time. Also use it for the calculator, https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cts.calculator better than a regular calculator.

Also can write an email or text, no tapping a pseudo keyboard.
    I just got the calculator app thanks to your post. It rocks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    GregMargie likes this.
    01-17-2015 03:23 PM

That is Awesome! Thank you! Love this thread!
    Connert likes this.
    01-17-2015 09:49 PM
    I just got the calculator app thanks to your post. It rocks!

That calculator app is amazing! Thanks!
    01-17-2015 10:59 PM
    01-20-2015 08:53 AM
    You're missing EVERYTHING.! Watch Utube videos on its use and you'll see the magic of the Spen. Note=Spen. It's never out of my hand.

01-20-2015 10:35 AM
    Nothing, use your phone how you want.

I use mine a lot: every week I take a picture of my daugter and write her age on it, I use it to navigate the UI when my hands are dirty, plus it comes in handy when browsing the internet.

I agree with you in principal, but for me, the appeal of the phone was the S pen. I made it a priority to learn to use it, and I love it.
    01-20-2015 12:30 PM
    I use the s pen to take notes at meetings. Also comes in handy when on a phone call and you need to jot something down.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    01-20-2015 01:10 PM
    I agree with you in principal, but for me, the appeal of the phone was the S pen. I made it a priority to learn to use it, and I love it.
    Just realize that what may work infinitely well for you may not work at all for someone else through not fault of yours or theirs.
    01-20-2015 01:11 PM
    from what i read in this thread, the s pen is a waste. Pen/paper went out with the 90's. its just as easy to open an app and TYPE in a note or idea. my 76 year old mother uses a pen/paper
    So I guess you only read 2-3 post then, because that is exactly the opposite of what 90% in this thread are saying.
    Why even bother getting a Note 4 if you never use the pen.
    01-20-2015 06:04 PM
    cause its a badass phone without the stupid Spen, i love the size and samsung makes great devices
    01-20-2015 07:12 PM
    I just can't get in to the pen thing. (I had a Note II for two years prior to picking up the Note 4). I know what the pen can do, but don't have much use for the features. But it is nice to know that I have the pen capability in case some day I need it.

I got the Note mainly because it's larger than the Galaxy S5. (I like a big phone).
    plumcrazy likes this.
    01-21-2015 08:59 AM
    I use my Spen all of the time.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    01-21-2015 09:07 AM
    For those that aren't really into the S Pen. You should at least try writing your responses to these forum posts. Even if you elect not to do it much you should experience how well the hand-writing recognition works. It blows me away.
    01-21-2015 10:06 AM
    If you ever had a need for pen and paper the Note makes them largely obsolete. I don't use my S Pens all the time but they are really handy when you need them.
    When is it "needed?"
    01-21-2015 10:42 AM
    When is it "needed?"
    I was going to write down the sizes of my air filters to be replaced; couldn't find a pen/paper (readily), wrote it in my Note, now I never have to look for the sizes again.

Many times I have thoughts on things I need to get at various stores - now I simply jot them in my note for the next time I'm at those store. And, if they don't have everything at that time, I simply cross through/erase what I was able to purchase.

Gift cards - After Christmas I entered all my gift cards and then I simply change the dollar amount to what is left on my cards.
    01-21-2015 10:47 AM
    When is it "needed?"
    "Ever" should have been "never".
    01-21-2015 11:17 AM
    I was a diehard BlackBerry user since '07. But when BB10 came out and I bought the Q10, I hated it (BB10, not the device) and decided to move to Android. But I despise touch screens (still grieving my beloved BB keyboard). Having owned the Note 10.1 tablet however, I decided to give the Note 3 a chance because I loved the 10.1's S-Pen. I now have the Note 4 and Note Pro 12.2, and cannot imagine ever having a touch device without the S-Pen. The longer I own the devices, the more uses I find for the S-Pen(s).

(Just a tidbit, they are interchangeable between devices. For functions, not fit. When I first bought the 10.1, I was afraid I would misplace the pen so I bought a few extras. I keep them in various places in my house (desk, vanity, kitchen, etc.) and will sometimes grab one of those instead of pulling the pen out of either device.)

...I just found a new (to me) trick yesterday when using the phone with snote. I was on a support call (Bluetooth headset) and taking notes in snote, when I called back later to the same number, a notice pops up just above the dialer showing a thumbnail of the snote and tells me "you created this note the last time you used this number" or something to that effect. I tap the thumbnail and open the last note for this support case.....
    I just found this out as well - never noticed it on my Note 3. Was pretty cool for this particular call. Starting Jan 1, there was a new number to call for Aetna. When the rep gave it to me, I created an Action Memo. I could later open it from the call log or the S-Note app, and choose "Link to Action" to call, email, etc.

I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missing?-tempfileforshare_2015-01-30-21-21-41.jpg
    01-30-2015 08:45 PM
76 1234