I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missing?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missing?

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missin

Nothing, use your phone how you want.

I use mine a lot: every week I take a picture of my daugter and write her age on it, I use it to navigate the UI when my hands are dirty, plus it comes in handy when browsing the internet.

Posted via the Android Central App

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missin

im on my second note and have not used the pen once. never even took it out..lol

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

U ever gone to FB and someone you didn't know put up something funny but you didn't want to share What they put up? Take the spen out and do an image clip. Actually I always do image clips or screen writes. Wife sends you to the store and your Not sure What kind...pull the pen out and do a screen write. Summers Eve or genric baby? Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Lol...thinking about this thread...do you like to write...papyrus offers an endless sheet of paper to write a novel if you like. Man...I have sooo many drawing apps. I Love the pen and use it all the time. If my hands are dirty...Not filthy just dirty...pull out the pen.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Well its called the Note series for a reason. If your not going to use the s pen, what's the point of getting a note?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Fingerprint/smudge free screen, especially handy when your fingers/hands are dirty. Also the S-Pen is much more precise than a finger for clicking on smaller items (ex. elements on web sites) or for its hover features such as scrolling when you put it near the edge of the screen (ex. in the stock web browser, settings menu or various other apps that support it). Also pulling the S-Pen out of its silo automatically wakes the screen. It can be used on the back and recent apps capacitive buttons as well. :)

Looks like you're on Verizon, see their Note 4 user manual here (S-Pen info starts on page 30): http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/samsung-galaxy-note4/smart-samsung-galaxy-note4-ug.pdf

or their simulator here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...amsung/galaxy_note_4/index.php&token=mZCwWsiU

Air Commands:
- Action Memo - Launch a memo and link it to actions
- Smart Select - Draw around an area of the screen to collect content
- Image Clip - Outline and crop images on the screen, in any shape, to share or paste
- Screen Write - Capture screenshots and write or draw on them

Direct Pen Input - When filling out a form field in an app (like Name or Number in Contacts), you can open a Handwriting window to allow you to write the entry with the S Pen rather than type.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I use it to jot stuff down. It is right there on the phone, paper, well the phone is paper in the pocket all the time. Also use it for the calculator, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.visionobjects.calculator&token=IxXhEoy2 better than a regular calculator.

Also can write an email or text, no tapping a pseudo keyboard.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

There can be days when I don't use it at all - but I still feel cool pulling it out in public or when I'm with friends / family - even if it's just to browse the AC app or the web. The biggest function I use it for is drawing tbh.

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Well its called the Note series for a reason. If your not going to use the s pen, what's the point of getting a note?
Because of the beautiful QHD screen, I like the look of the Note 4, its hands down the best looking phone at the moment imo, the battery life is very good, the multitasking is awesome, I do many task much much much quicker than trying to do the same task with the S-pen, if you are on Sprint then the Note has a Spark antenna and I get signal in places I didnt before like the basement and elevators.

Who needs a S-pen, the S-pen is overrated imo.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Depending on how and what you use your Note for.. Lots..

And... You're missing the weird smell every time you pull it out as well.. Though many may not consider that a "benefit".... :)

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I use mine for work and to get signatures. For personal use I use it for taking some notes. Sometimes I can go days without the s-pen.

Last edited:

FullAuto67

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site

Depending on how and what you use your Note for.. Lots..

And... You're missing the weird smell every time you pull it out as well.. Though many may not consider that a "benefit".... :)

It's the little things, lol!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As some have said -- nothing. If you don't use those features you aren't missing anything.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Well, maybe because it is a great phone with lots of other features besides the S Pen ....although I personally do use the s pen. Just saying.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

Maybe I'm missing a use for my stylus?

Anyway, I use mine for screen captures a lot. My Dad, while he has a "smart"phone (i5), he constantly asks me for sports scores. I'll simply cutout the score he's asking about from my score app (TheScore) and text him just that bit as apposed to a whole screenshot.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You're just diminishing the experience is all. However you wont ever feel that way or notice so it doesn't make a bit of difference honestly. I sometimes go a week without even thinking of the S pen so it's not like it's crucial for any reason, but there are many times that I've been glad I had it. I wont go into detail here because if you don't feel like you're missing anything, then you aren't.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

a high quality device with a nice big screen! !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463