I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missing?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missin

a high quality device with a nice big screen! !

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes but Samsung started the whole big screen aspect because of the s pen. The Note is supposed to be used like a tablet, hence the term Phablet. Just seems odd how most people buy a Note, and don't even use its most distinguishing and unique feature!

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: I've Had My Galaxy Note 4 Nearly Three Months & I've Never Taken My S-Pen Out - What Am I Missin

You have to at least take the pen out and smell it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I rarely use the s pen. But it comes in handy occasionally especially when drawing. Otherwise don't really use it.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

You're not missing it if you don't want to use it.

I don't use it as often as I could, but I do use it a lot.

I really like being able to write down an action memo on the screen--especially if it is a phone number that I need to call soon. Being able to highlight it and have it dial automatically is pretty nice.

Taking screen shots is a whole lot easier with screen write, IMO.

I've actually taken screen shots on a PC, and emailed them to my Note 4, and used screen write to edit the picture with some markups. Sent that edited photo to a couple of customers.

I use S-Note all the time in meetings.

It's been really handy in this forum, too, using it to help make "walk through" answers complete with screen shots that I wrote on.

7aade6705effa9c166b0db80ec4462e5.jpg

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Yes but Samsung started the whole big screen aspect because of the s pen. The Note is supposed to be used like a tablet, hence the term Phablet. Just seems odd how most people buy a Note, and don't even use its most distinguishing and unique feature!

The same reason people bought the HTC One Maxx, same people that bought a Nexus 6, people dont just buy big phones for a S-pen, that is only a bonus feature with the Note 4, Not a necessity.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

If you ever had a need for pen and paper the Note makes them largely obsolete. I don't use my S Pens all the time but they are really handy when you need them.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

The same reason people bought the HTC One Maxx, same people that bought a Nexus 6, people dont just buy big phones for a S-pen, that is only a bonus feature with the Note 4, Not a necessity.

All HTC and Apple (iphone6 plus) did was make much bigger versions of their main phone, which added nothing else to the experience. The Nexus 6 in may ways is just a gigantic Moto x. The s pen IS what separates it from all those other big phones. If you don't use the s pen, your missing out on a lot IMOP.

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

All HTC and Apple (iphone6 plus) did was make much bigger versions of their main phone, which added nothing else to the experience. The Nexus 6 in may ways is just a gigantic Moto x. The s pen IS what separates it from all those other big phones. If you don't use the s pen, your missing out on a lot IMOP.

You do know there are people who buy bigger phones just for the bigger screen right? Infact thats why most people buy a bigger phone, for the screen. I dont feel im missing out on anything by not using the S pen, I have tried it many times and it is more of a inconvenience. The S pen does absolutely nothing that I cannot do without it. The S pen is a personal preference ONLY not a necessity.

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

I've heard there's no better way to play Monument Valley than with the S Pen.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't put the iPhone 6+ in that same category, as apps are better formated for that display. If I pull up a website on my iPhone 6+ and my Note 4, there is more information shown on my iPhone. Same with split columns in apps, messages, etc.

The bigger advantage of the Note is multi window IMO, while the spen is very nice and I get some use from it, it isn't really necessary for me. A lot of things people mention using the spen for can easily be done without.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

You do know there are people who buy bigger phones just for the bigger screen right? Infact thats why most people buy a bigger phone, for the screen. I dont feel im missing out on anything by not using the S pen, I have tried it many times and it is more of a inconvenience. The S pen does absolutely nothing that I cannot do without it. The S pen is a personal preference ONLY not a necessity.

You are right, you can do almost everything without using the S-Pen. However, I'm not sure why you'd want to. I actually wrote this reply using the S-Pen quicker than I could thumb it. Sliq! You don't have to use the S-Pen but you are missing out not using it.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Well its called the Note series for a reason. If your not going to use the s pen, what's the point of getting a note?

The screen size (5.7" is perfect and beautiful), qHD resolution, color. (adjustable color)
The hardware: Metal frame (feels great in the hand), the awesome camera (front and back)
Specs: fast processor, 3GB ram, battery life / removable battery, SD card slot.

and IF i ever need it, the S Pen IS there.

Sorry, I can't think of more right now but that is more than enough reasons to buy a Note 4 and not for the S Pen.

kmf2157

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site

I make a grocery list with mine. So when I think of something I make a new list for the week. I always have my phone with me so I know I will always have that list with me. Plus if I don't write it down, I WILL forget it...I think that's called pre-alzheimers setting in. LOL

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

LOVE LOVE LOVE my S Pen......... I use it Every single day for Everything! Being a woman, I have long finger nails and the S Pen makes me way faster and more proficient! I went from the Note 2 to Note 4 and the S Pen is one of the main reasons I love the Note series!

Screen Shots to write on
Hover over emails to see the gist of it without even touching the screen
Typing Texts and Emails
Action Memos- writting words numbers and turning them into a contact, email, text etc.
Signing documents
Notes
Highlighting
etc.......

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

The S-Pen isjust one of many reasons to love the Note 4. The phone offers so much it's hard to name everything it does. I do love the handwriting recognition, it's really good. I love that I can write these replies instead of thumbing them. The S-Pen is very useful.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

You're not missing it if you don't want to use it.

I don't use it as often as I could, but I do use it a lot.

I really like being able to write down an action memo on the screen--especially if it is a phone number that I need to call soon. Being able to highlight it and have it dial automatically is pretty nice.

Taking screen shots is a whole lot easier with screen write, IMO.

I've actually taken screen shots on a PC, and emailed them to my Note 4, and used screen write to edit the picture with some markups. Sent that edited photo to a couple of customers.

I use S-Note all the time in meetings.

It's been really handy in this forum, too, using it to help make "walk through" answers complete with screen shots that I wrote on.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/14/7aade6705effa9c166b0db80ec4462e5.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421277279817.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421277279817.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 53

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Samsung started with the big screen because of the s pen, not because they wanted to make a big screen phone. Sure everyone laughed at the original Note users, well they're not laughing any more. Now they're making big phones just to keep up. The note is a phablet, not using it as such is such a waste.

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Samsung started with the big screen because of the s pen, not because they wanted to make a big screen phone. Sure everyone laughed at the original Note users, well they're not laughing any more. Now they're making big phones just to keep up. The note is a phablet, not using it as such is such a waste.
Maybe Samsung did make a big screen because of the S pen, but that doesn't mean people will or have to use it now does it? Samsung doesn't sell millions of Note's because of the S pen, Note's sell because they have some of the best specs, cpu & gpu, better screens, battery etc.

Saying a phablet is best used with a S pen is nothing but a matter of opinion and I can guarantee you the percentage of people who don't use the S pen far exceeds the people who do use it. But hey to each his own.

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Maybe Samsung did make a big screen because of the S pen, but that doesn't mean people will or have to use it now does it? Samsung doesn't sell millions of Note's because of the S pen, Note's sell because they have some of the best specs, cpu & gpu, better screens, battery etc.

Saying a phablet is best used with a S pen is nothing but a matter of opinion and I can guarantee you the percentage of people who don't use the S pen far exceeds the people who do use it. But hey to each his own.

Sure. And lots of us bought the phone thinking we'd never, ever use the S Pen and are pleasantly surprised to be wrong.