is there an easy way to remove scratches on the metal/chrome frame??

gleung91

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
i have one really obvious scratch that is visible to eyes. i just want to cover up or make it less visible. any easy way? i'm tempted to use aluminum polish, but have read that it makes the metal dull rather than shiny

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Rouge. Even the kind used for facial makeup. It's a VERY FINE abrasive, used more for polishing than removing scratches, but with enough work it'll get really shallow scratches out. If you use something coarser for a deeper scratch and it dulls the aluminum, rouge will polish it back up. If you're doing it by hand, it'll take a LOT of gentle rubbing. If you use a cloth wheel on a Dremel-type tool, practice on scrap first (like the bottom of a can) so you get a feel for how much pressure will polish and how much will eat through the finish.

(The first time or two won't be "easy", but once you get the hang of it, you can almost do it in your sleep.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Chrome colored plastic plating on plastic can't be unless it's just dull. (But even rouge is too rough for that - there are finer abrasives.) But if it's metal plating, a light application of rouge will usually shine up a dull spot. (Feel rouge - it's so fine that it feels greasy.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs