Screen Burn In W/New White Search Bar

UseAndroid86

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
With the new solid white google search bar and app menu icon in the Google Now launcher should I be more worried about screen burn in? When I had the galaxy nexus, I had horrible screen burn in where the search bar and app menu icon were. I have the screen brightness at like 10% which is bright enough for this phone but I still get nervous. Any input would be great thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Amoled has come along way since the galaxy nexus, I wouldn't worry too much about. If you do see burn in, you could provably easily exchange it at your carrier store then.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thought initially, but now I think risk should be low. I cannot imagine that the screen is on constantly for the burn in. The GN had the issue (well some had it, I never did) b/c the on screen buttons were always on and in the same spot. The search bar and even the app drawer bar are only on when you are on the home screen, not when you are in other apps, giving relief to the area.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
ill never understand why people dont keep the screen at 100% brightneess, its a beautiful display, i wanna see it all. ive never had burn in on any phones but its possible i just never noticed or cared. i also tend to not keep them very long

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
ill never understand why people dont keep the screen at 100% brightneess, its a beautiful display, i wanna see it all. ive never had burn in on any phones but its possible i just never noticed or cared. i also tend to not keep them very long

Because I don't want to burn out my eyes?

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hmm I use a pure black wallpaper and have the search bar as well. Brightness is set to auto but have it set to 100% when browsing or entertainment purposes. I should find out if my protection plan covers this

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci