So this is pretty interesting but when I am talking to some 1 and have a incoming call, I have discovered that I CAN'T Merge that call. Once I accept the incoming call, the caller I was already on line with goes to Hold, and the only option I see is SWAP callers.

Now when I call someone, keep them on line, ADD another line, and then I CAN Merge calls. But tht's when I initiate the call.

So my question is have u guys noticed this? try it where u r talking to some 1 and a 3rd person calls you..See if u can Merge calls then!
    01-14-2015 10:43 PM
    Not just the note 4 - a lot of phones do conference calling but don't merge incoming calls.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-14-2015 10:53 PM
    I didn't know it was a phone that actually merged incoming calls...there's gotta be some type of privacy restrictions with that

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-15-2015 05:29 AM
    You must have a CDMA carrier like Verizon and Sprint.
    01-15-2015 06:39 AM
    Not just the note 4 - a lot of phones do conference calling but don't merge incoming calls.
    Yeah they don't automatically merge incoming call...But when I was using a Galaxy S2 on T-mobile, when I had a incoming call, I could accept it and Merge it myself with the other call...

Here on Note 4 with Verizon...I don't get that option to merge calls whtsoever!
    01-15-2015 05:32 PM
    You must have a CDMA carrier like Verizon and Sprint.
    I am with Verizon on my Note 4.
    01-15-2015 05:32 PM
    Being on a CDMA carrier is the reason... I believe they cannot handle this function. A GSM carrier like T-Mobile or AT&T can perform this function.
    01-15-2015 05:40 PM
    Being on a CDMA carrier is the reason... I believe they cannot handle this function. A GSM carrier like T-Mobile or AT&T can perform this function.
    Hmm..tht's very odd if that's true!
    really in 21st century we struggle with issues like this? Verizon is the most popular network out there, how can they have these issues?
    01-15-2015 06:18 PM
    Yep... It stinks but that's the CDMA limitation. Same thing for Sprint.
    01-15-2015 08:03 PM
    When on wifi calling on sprint I can merge calls

Posted via Android Central App
    01-16-2015 09:24 AM
    When on wifi calling on sprint I can merge calls

Posted via Android Central App
    Sprint has Wi-fi calling? Since when?
    01-16-2015 09:46 AM
    Hmm..tht's very retarded if that's true!
    really in 21st century we struggle with issues like this? Verizon is the most popular network out there, how can they have these issues?
    Sprint has Wi-fi calling? Since when?
    It is a limitation of CDMA carriers ... CDMA is an old technology. It is only used here in the US by Verizon / Sprint -- The rest of the world uses GSM only since it has more functionality with less restrictions.

As for Sprint & WiFi calling they released it a little bit ago but only certain phones have it -- not all phones yet.
    01-16-2015 09:52 AM
    It is a limitation of CDMA carriers ... CDMA is an old technology. It is only used here in the US by Verizon / Sprint -- The rest of the world uses GSM only since it has more functionality with less restrictions.

As for Sprint & WiFi calling they released it a little bit ago but only certain phones have it -- not all phones yet.
    oh ok kinda explains it now cuz when I was on T-mobile with my Galaxy S2, I had NO ISSUES merging calls..even when they were incoming!
    This really sucks...I am stuck on this Old technology crap for 2 yrs now.

How in the world does a Company like Verizon have blazing network, but it's devices can't merge calls!!
    01-16-2015 09:55 AM
    How in the world does a Company like Verizon have blazing network, but it's devices can't merge calls!!
    Their network has nothing to do with it -- as in no matter how amazing it is -- if using an older technology they're limited to it. Just like CDMA can't do voice & data at the same time whereas GSM can. Now .. Verizon got around this by adding two radios to the Note 4 so that way one handles voice and the other data .. But on GSM they've only needed 1 radio since that one radio can handle both at the same time.

Once they shut down CDMA and are full LTE for voice & data the limitation for merging calls will go away.
    01-16-2015 09:59 AM
    Yep... It stinks but that's the CDMA limitation. Same thing for Sprint.
    So I tested this out with a iphone 6 on verizon and apparently they CAN MERGE all incoming calls!

bloody iphones and verizon crap!
    01-16-2015 10:10 AM
    Their network has nothing to do with it -- as in no matter how amazing it is -- if using an older technology they're limited to it. Just like CDMA can't do voice & data at the same time whereas GSM can. Now .. Verizon got around this by adding two radios to the Note 4 so that way one handles voice and the other data .. But on GSM they've only needed 1 radio since that one radio can handle both at the same time.

Once they shut down CDMA and are full LTE for voice & data the limitation for merging calls will go away.
    I guess they apparently did that for their iphones...But who gives a crap about Android anyway, right?
    01-16-2015 10:11 AM

So i know that on the previous iphones u couldn't talk and do web sharing @ the same time on verizon. was it the same way with previous Android phones on verizon too? Or was it just confined to iphones until the iphone 6 came out!
    01-17-2015 02:01 AM
    So i know that on the previous iphones u couldn't talk and do web sharing @ the same time on verizon. was it the same way with previous Android phones on verizon too? Or was it just confined to iphones until the iphone 6 came out!
    Most Verizon 4GLTE Android phones can do simultaneous voice and data over 4GLTE.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    01-17-2015 07:56 AM
    So, did anyone find a solution to this on the Samsung S5? There are no apps that can merge incoming calls or calls on hold?
    Thanks
    BlueNomad
    09-18-2015 12:43 PM
    Yes, something has changed. On my ATT Note 4 I used to be able to merge easily and effectively by bringing someone in to a call and by merging someone into an ongoing conversation. Recently, something changed and it has been hit and miss to accomplish the merge; typically when someone calls in the original participant cannot hear or be heard. Merge used to work brilliantly and I wonder if there is a fix out there.
    10-21-2015 04:33 PM