Having a weird issue and couldn't find an answer. I have several group message threads that have iPhone users. Some threads I can send and receive with no problems, even if I'm the only non-Iphone user. However, I have a thread with four people (all iPhone users with different carriers). I had an iPhone 4S but made sure I disabled iMessage and such before switch over to a GS4 for a year. No issues with group messages.

I happened to be with one of the four people (my brother) and he asked why I didn't respond to that thread anymore. Apparently they had been sending messages for awhile and I never get them. I has an iPhone 6 and when I checked his phone, it said messages were being sent as iMessage. I went back to the Apple website and confirmed my phone number is not registered with iMessage. When I create a new thread to the group, they can see my text but I cannot see their replies. My brother showed me his phone to verify.

I'm not sure if this is an issue I can resolve or if it is something they need to do on their end. The weird thing is that I have other message threads with Iphone users and it works fine.
    01-15-2015 11:24 AM
    It is more of an Apple issue. I have been having it since I switched from Apple ot Android almost 2 years ago. It is annoying as all get out.

The problem is Imessage, Apple's way to screw up Android users.
    01-15-2015 12:29 PM
    Ask if the thread he has going with you is one that was starte when you had your iPhone. If so, ask them to delete it and start a new thread. That thread is probably locked to go over iMessage to all of the iPhone users including your old account, even though you deactivated iMessage.
    01-15-2015 12:52 PM
    I'll have him restart a thread and see what happens. My main problem was that it worked perfectly fine on my GS4. I didn't change phone numbers or carriers, just a new Note 4.
    01-15-2015 01:05 PM