New Software update on Note 4

zeeesss

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Today when i wokeup, my note 4 asked me to update my software. Its a 137.07 MB software. I have still not updated it.

I just wana knw if u guys have received any software update on ur note 4? Is it the lolli pop or something else? I live in Sweden. I am having excellent battery life and i dont want it to ruin that. Plz help me what should i do.

My current software details are in the pic attached.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-15-19-54-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-15-19-54-26.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 683

joydevivre

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I live in Norway. I got this exact same update yesterday, and I was excited that it was the lollipop update. Alas, it was not to be! But whatever it is, I noted my Note 4 working smoother than ever! Very noticeably my device is faster and has lesser lag. I recommend you install it right away. :)

zeeesss

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Ahan unlive in Norway so thats why both of us got it as i live in Sweden. Thanks for the info. I will install it now

joydevivre

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I still am curious to know what happened there though! Can anyone throw light on this please? The Android version is still the same - 4.4.4.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I live in New York. A couple of hrs ago Google stopped working. I got a "Google temporarily unavailable" notice across the screen. Then my Note went black and froze. The only thing I could do was turn it off or restart it. I decided to restart. When the screen came back there was a notification across the black screen. "Android Updating". 85 updates. When done everything was WAY faster than before. Some apps have material design that didn't before. It's not lollipop but it's lightening fast. Big, BIG difference.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I live in New York. A couple of hrs ago Google stopped working. I got a "Google temporarily unavailable" notice across the screen. Then my Note went black and froze. The only thing I could do was turn it off or restart it. I decided to restart. When the screen came back there was a notification across the black screen. "Android Updating". 85 updates. When done everything was WAY faster than before. Some apps have material design that didn't before. It's not lollipop but it's lightening fast. Big, BIG difference.

Did you change the runtime to ART? if so they will happen everytime you restart the device.

zeeesss

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Ahan... can u check ur alarm settings. After the update, they have got a bit change now when ur setting an alarm

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
May be a dumb question but I'm new to android. Do all updates come via the carrier? So if Samsung wanted to update something in the phone would it still come through the service carrier?

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Got this update some weeks ago (Netherlands) won't screw over your battery, trust me

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
"Kies3" download this on your PC/desktop. For some reason this particular update failed to install via OTA, but worked perfectly fine trough kies3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000