I bought my Note 4 from the Best Buy preorder. It is a VZW variant. The headset speaker always had a buzzing when the caller spoke with me. Almost like listening to someone through a slightly blown speaker. So, I went through Samsung warranty. They shipped it back today. Turnaround just a few days, not bad. But, I'm curious what service they actually performed. The phone has been in a case since day 1 and is cosmetically perfect. Not a mark. But this was their diagnosis and fix:
    Original Problem:
    CALL QUALITY /SOUND - SOUND PROBLEMS - LOW VOLUME/ NO SOUND RESPONSE

Problem found:
    RX AUDIO - SPEAKER

Solution:
    REPLACED COSMETIC - S/W UPDATED

Now, I'm figuring S/W UPDATED probably means software updated, but what the heck is REPLACED COSMETIC? Is that S. Korean for replaced speaker, lol. I sure hope so! Very annoying issue that other Note 4 users verified by comparing my phone call sound quality with theirs.
    01-15-2015 05:25 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much as long as the issue is fixed. Being the issue was with the speaker it is safe to assume that is what was replaced .
    01-15-2015 05:30 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much as long as the issue is fixed. Being the issue was with the speaker it is safe to assume that is what was replaced .
    Oh, I agree 100%. As long as it comes back and sounds better, I'm happy. Love the phone. Just curious if anyone could decipher the strange internal code.
    01-15-2015 05:38 PM