Texting App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Gosms WAS my go to text app, but now I'm going with the stock. Not being able to customize ring tones was my only issue with stock, but now that I know how to do it with stock I can use it. So far so good.

JaceKG

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If it works, would you please elaborate. What extra field do you add and how does it tie in with unique ringtones for various contacts? Thanks.

I simply went to the contact in my contacts and hit edit icon and added an extra field "message tone" it works

Posted from my rooted Note 4 and loving it

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Jace & Kelly for explaining. That's good to know.

Now I have another question, if you don't mind ... Can I also make an additional field for phone tone that would ring when I get a phone call from that contact? Or would that be confusing?

If it won't work with two tones (one for message and one for phone per contact) and it was more important to me to have the unique tone for the phone calls rather than message, would this same method work for the phone calls rather than text?

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jace & Kelly for explaining. That's good to know.

Now I have another question, if you don't mind ... Can I also make an additional field for phone tone that would ring when I get a phone call from that contact? Or would that be confusing?

If it won't work with two tones (one for message and one for phone per contact) and it was more important to me to have the unique tone for the phone calls rather than message, would this same method work for the phone calls rather than text?

Go to contacts, then the contact you want the ringtone for. Click the edit button and you will see listed, "Ringtone". Mine is under "Groups". Choose the ringtone you want for the contact there.

You can have a unique ringtone for a contact and a totally different and unique message tone for that same contact.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Go to contacts, then the contact you want the ringtone for. Click the edit button and you will see listed, "Ringtone". Mine is under "Groups". Choose the ringtone you want for the contact there.

You can have a unique ringtone for a contact and a totally different and unique message tone for that same contact.

Thanks again, Kelly. Your explanations are very helpful!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again, Kelly. Your explanations are very helpful!

I've worked at a computer helpdesk before, I had to assume everyone barely knew how to turn their computer on. When I was new to Android, I would get very quick instructions made for people that knew more than the average user, about the phone. I knew LESS than the average user, so the answers didn't help me any.

I try to answer how I would want someone else to answer and the detailed answer generally covers everyone, so if someone comes and reads and isn't really knowledgeable, they can still follow the directions I give.

kwest12

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone ever figure out an app to auto-delete texts? Specifically looking for an app that limits texts-per-convo. It helps keep text convos small so that it doesn't lag up the phone terribly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1