Missed call and New Message Notification Banner on lock screen

Antelope Eyes

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Any Ideas on a stock Note 4.How do you disable the missed call and new text notification on the lock screen? The reason I ask is it hides the owner information with say, your home phone number. So "if" you left your phone somewhere and someone found it they would not see info scrolling across the lock screen unless they knew to press clear to view the hidden info. This happened to me with a GS3 which didn't hide the info and a old timer found my phone at the feed store. He said the home phone number was the first thing he noticed. He didn't even own a cell phone, let alone know how to tap clear below the notification banner. I have went through all the settings and it seems that it is Not an option. :-\

Thanks!
AE

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you look in Lock Screen in Settings? There should be some way in there to decide what goes on th lock screen.

If not, maybe you need to install a different lock screen.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I can help with the text message part on the lock screen. I can't think of the call message though. Go into your text message app. Hit the three dots in the upper right hand corner. Go to settings. Uncheck the option for displaying missed texts on the lock screen. 😊
2344f1b4a963acb0c55101d9eb87ed72.jpg

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Any Ideas on a stock Note 4.How do you disable the missed call and new text notification on the lock screen? The reason I ask is it hides the owner information with say, your home phone number. So "if" you left your phone somewhere and someone found it they would not see info scrolling across the lock screen unless they knew to press clear to view the hidden info. This happened to me with a GS3 which didn't hide the info and a old timer found my phone at the feed store. He said the home phone number was the first thing he noticed. He didn't even own a cell phone, let alone know how to tap clear below the notification banner. I have went through all the settings and it seems that it is Not an option. :-\

Thanks!
AE

It's a good point u raise, however, I don't know a fix...have u tried a custom Lock screen notification display app...I am thinking too far here, but I don't know if that kinda app might have a setting for custom notifications and how long they stay on

Loudpipes

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. Go to settings by swiping down on your home screen and hitting the gear at the top. Under "Device" hit "Sound and Notification". Scroll to the bottom and under "Notificaton", hit "While Locked". A window should pop up giving you three choices, one of which is "Do Not Show Notifications". I hope that helps solve your issue. If so, you will be the first one I have helped with technology since teaching a friend in high school how to install an 8-track player in his car.:D

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Good point, I didn't even think about that.

I think I'm going to photoshop my name and number on the wallpaper I use on my lock screen. somewhere on the bottom. I can make it look nice and then I won't have to worry about the same thing.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how to not have 2 notifications on my screen for text messages. I dig the lockscreen notifications but I'd rather use Textra for my messages. If I set it to not get notifications, I'll get a notification from textra but I get no sound.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Good point, I didn't even think about that.

I think I'm going to photoshop my name and number on the wallpaper I use on my lock screen. somewhere on the bottom. I can make it look nice and then I won't have to worry about the same thing.

THAT is an awesome idea... that's why I shut my notifications "Off" - I couldn't see my owner info. Thank you!

Done!!! Thanks again Bbeelzebub!

LockScreen1.jpg

Last edited:

kt3456

May 18, 2015
Visit site
If all you want is to display a custom message on the lockscreen, there's Settings>lockscreen>lockscreen widgets>Owner Information. you can type in anything you want and it will appear without unlocking the screen.

Diana Collins

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I was reading all the responses to this problem, and I hope this works for others too, and that is pull the missed call badge down to the bottom of the screen.
I did this and it disappeared.
Good luck to all of you, and love reading these forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol