Suggestions for Bluetooth speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend has the Bose Soundlink Color and it's amazing! It was also 130 dollars. I'm looking for something cheaper but around the same sound quality. It is so loud for its size and it's bass is great (I basically only listen to EDM and Hip Hop so this is essential). Any suggestions? This Bose paired so easily and makes everything sound amazing, I just don't feel like dropping 130 on a speaker that I'll probably only use with my Note 4

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use a JBL bluetooth speaker that I bought from Amazon for about $15. It was a used one and the new version was about $60. Its round and you can daisy chain more than one together. Its called JBL Micro Wireless.

Sounds like to me, you might have your mind made up over the Bose. Assume you pay $60 for the JBL, for another $60 you would get the Bose and what is $60 over a period of years before you buy another?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend has the Bose Soundlink Color and it's amazing! It was also 130 dollars. I'm looking for something cheaper but around the same sound quality. It is so loud for its size and it's bass is great (I basically only listen to EDM and Hip Hop so this is essential). Any suggestions? This Bose paired so easily and makes everything sound amazing, I just don't feel like dropping 130 on a speaker that I'll probably only use with my Note 4

Ebay deals has the the sol republic by Motorola for 49.99

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D141510893848%26alt%3Dweb&token=63t_EbdR

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a UE MINI BOOM and love it. My Note 4 is modded and I have Viper4Andriod installed. It make a good speaker sound Great! For a small speaker, it packs a punch [The picture shown is the actual size].
91hFjXJtqyL._SL1500_.jpg

The Black/Red is $79.99 on Amazon.

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Bose mini Soundlink and I am amazed on how good it sounds. A little pricy but in my opinion it is well worth. Excellent bass and with an overall smooth and clear sound>

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I enjoy using my UE Boom.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via the Uncarrier

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421966599568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421966599568.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 61

Aaron Burns

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
If you want the best sound, UE boom. Best in class, about 180 bucks. Kills Bose.

UE boom is water resistant. And the best sounding Bluetooth speaker in its class.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If you want the best sound, UE boom. Best in class, about 180 bucks. Kills Bose.

Posted via the Android Central App

No.. no its not.. The bose simply cant be beat.

Honestly its really a personal taste kind of thing when it comes to the different tones these two make... Listen to some side by side comparison on youtube... or head to best buy and try them out yourself..

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No.. no its not.. The bose simply cant be beat.

Honestly its really a personal taste kind of thing when it comes to the different tones these two make... Listen to some side by side comparison on youtube... or head to best buy and try them out yourself..

Agree, it's a taste/use kind of thing. I listened to them side by side once at an Apple store and found that for some songs it was easier to overdrive the Bose unit on the low end frequencies at high volumes but at listening levels that I'd call normal I felt it was the winner for me since the sound was richer.

The UE Booms are still intriguing to me due to the dual mode capability but my understanding is that function is kind of finicky and the firmware buggy.

What's on my radar right now is the Motorola/Sol Deck. My sister-in-law has one and I was impressed with the party mode feature where multiple people can interrupt playback and play their own music on it without having to repair their devices. Sound quality was decent on it as well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

ksehm79

May 21, 2015
Visit site
actually there are many brands are available but you can try at sdigital.co they have good quality and cheaper prices. the speakers at sdigital.co are very attractive also. they have boombox like nuke, icon etc. and waterproof speakers like splash or submarine.

donjoe0

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Good comparison The Best Portable Bluetooth Speaker | The Wirecutter
Very bad comparison, they don't know what they're talking about - there are many better speakers out there than the UE Miniboom for the same price or even cheaper.

Depending on how much you want to spend, the highest sound quality so far seems to have been achieved by these models:
- under 50$: JBL Micro II, TDK A12 Trek Micro
- under 100$: JBL Flip 2, Mirtek Bluetooth speaker or MEK MusicBox (cheaper replicas of the Mini Jambox that sound as good if not better), or even two from the above category connected in stereo
- under 200$: Denon Envaya Mini (hands-down best so far in this class), JBL Charge 2 (make sure you get the latest firmware update) or if you don't care about loudness that much and you can accept some bass exaggeration the Sony SRS-X33.

... and as you spend more and more you can find yourself looking at bigger and higher-quality speakers like the Infinity One and ultimately the Riva Turbo X (with the smaller and more convenient Riva Turbo S coming soon).

But this is if you want sound quality, as in correct reproduction of all frequencies as far as possible. If you want loudness above all else, sure, various things like the UE Boom, Bose Soundlink III or Beats Pill XL might work better for you. Or if you have a lot of need for water resistance you can look at the Fugoo or other stuff (though some of the hi-fi stuff I already mentioned also has splash-resistance so might be at least shower-ready, like the Denon Envaya Mini).

In general it's good to keep an eye on the sound comparisons posted on YouTube, that way at least you might get some idea of how your top 2-3 choices sound when played side by side. A certain Austrian gentleman has been posting carefully set up comparisons of portable speakers on his YouTube channel (clavinetjunkie) since 2014 and so far this seems to be the best source of comparison information out there.

Last edited:

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Most of the retailers that sell these speakers let you connect your phone so you can test them with your own music to see what sounds best for you. I also watched a lot of the YouTube reviews and comparisons donjoe0 mentions above.

I personally went with the bose soundlink 3 because it gets loud, sounds good and has long battery life. I primarily use it outside. The bose soundlink mini sounded awesome too and they just announced a new version of it coming out this summer. I normally don't like bose products but their bluetooth speakers are great. If you have a Costco near you, you should check it out since they often have Bluetooth speakers cheaper then other places from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084