Phone freezes after taking a picture

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My phone will freeze every now and then when I try and take a picture. Now, it doesn't do it all the time just intermittently. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Only thing I have after market is that I'm using the zerolemon extended battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where is the camera saving the photos to? If it's the microSD card, then maybe there's a problem with the card. Try changing it to the Internal Storage, or try a different SD card.

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
It is being saved to the SD card. I'll try a different one. I also have to take the battery out to reset it as doing the home, up volume, and power buttons don't do anything.

Anh Tom

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same lockup issue which requires removing battery and power on OR plugin power and power on again. It doesn't lockup all the time but once in a while using the camera app or another app like 360 camera (less often lockups).

I read on other forums to try uninstalling some Samsung and/or google apps.. tried these as well no luck. Also, downloaded master cleaner app to clean up cache, temp files, etc. Even reformatted mem card, tried diff mem card, saving cam shots to internal vs mem card, etc.

I even reloaded Kitkat 4.4.4. and my NOTE 4 is still locking up!!!

I love this phone and the awesome pics it takes just it's annoying to restart the phone each time it locksup.

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I was using the zerolemon extended battery when the camera would freeze. I went back to the original battery. I'm gonna use it for a few weeks and if it does freeze up, I'll take it to the Samsung repair.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I have another question - phone freezes after taking a shot and opening the last photo. Annoying delay.

I experience this also! Really irritating. Faster to exit out of camera and may go to the gallery. It's done this since day 1

dgoodfella69

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Ive been having the same issue. Happened 2x so far each time after taking multiple pictures in a row. i was going to try saving it to the internal storage but it seems that doesn't work either?

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Was having the same issue, in the gallery, go in the option about what's showing and only check on device, remove Picasa. That's night and day since I did that. Sorry I can't give you the exact options cause my phone is in french. :)

SharonCoffmanAZ65

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thank you SO much. I removed Picasa and have taken 20 pictures and so far so good. Verizon didn't know to tell me this and made me reset to factory, then sent me a new phone even. THANK YOU!!!!!