Notification access getting turned off

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a number of apps that I give access to Notifications. (Settings > Security > Notification Access). Apps like Google Wear are pretty useless without Notification Access.

For some odd reason all of these apps will lose their check mark and no longer have access to notifications. Makes my Moto 360 a dead weight on my arm. It's not hard to turn notification back on, I just have to go into settings and check mark it. It's that I have no idea that it's turned off until I start missing important notifications on my watch. It's a real pain.

There seems to be no reason for them to become unchecked, they just do. A reboot doesn't cause this. Seems to happen about once a day.

How can I make sure that all of these apps (7 of them) keep their access to notifications?

elliott9

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Bump.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (stock). I have to recheck android wear 1-2 times a day otherwise my moto 360 is worthless.

planetf1

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing exactly the same with my Samsung S4 running lollipop (official, rooted). It happens for both android wear (annoying!) and other apps... no idea why!

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a number of apps that I give access to Notifications. (Settings > Security > Notification Access). Apps like Google Wear are pretty useless without Notification Access.

For some odd reason all of these apps will lose their check mark and no longer have access to notifications. Makes my Moto 360 a dead weight on my arm. It's not hard to turn notification back on, I just have to go into settings and check mark it. It's that I have no idea that it's turned off until I start missing important notifications on my watch. It's a real pain.

There seems to be no reason for them to become unchecked, they just do. A reboot doesn't cause this. Seems to happen about once a day.

How can I make sure that all of these apps (7 of them) keep their access to notifications?

I am also having the same issue with a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 that is currently on Lollipop build OC4. Stock, no root, basically running whatever VZW gives you. My specific issue is with Android Auto. I have to manually re-enable notification access after each "unplug"

dhobbins

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
My notifications keep getting turned off or lost on my Smartwatch 3. The only way to get them back is to reinstall android Wear on my Galaxy Note 4.

Machinaenix

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Notification access getting turned off, Get rid of Glaceview.apk !

All users running Samsung stock Lollipop roms that have the "glanceview.apk" running and listed in the notification access list, this is the culprit! I used root & titanium backup to erase the apps data and then freeze the app problem solved. Restarted phone and apps retained their notification access :)

ems56rn

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
My notifications are still checked- but it only allows one at a time. The next one bumps the current one, so I dont see most of them. Occassionally something happens &they stack up, so I can see them all- which is what I want. But once theyre cleared out- its back to allowing only one at a time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon