So I just dropped my note 4...

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
With the spigen case and aluminum frame. As far as I can tell...there are two scratches on each end of the frame. One tiny scratch on the top screen :( now idk if I'm being paranoid but if nothing is cracked or bowing out..am in the clear? Everything seems to be acting fine for me or I'll notice a small lag..but could that just be me or also I just put in my old SanDisk 32gb class ten card. It's the hc or something I believe. Could this micro card somewhat slow my performance? P.S. power saving mode is off :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
its just a phone, dont sweat it.

It's just a palmtop (possibly, the most awesome ever conceived, in-fact) that, to many, doesn't represent an insignificant cost. I'd be concerned as well.

Kami, breath. Is the phone functioning the way you're used to. Did you indeed have the case on it when it fell?

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
It's just a palmtop (possibly, the most awesome ever conceived, in-fact) that, to many, doesn't represent an insignificant cost. I'd be concerned as well.

Kami, breath. Is the phone functioning the way you're used to. Did you indeed have the case on it when it fell?

Yes. Everything seems to be working fine. But I do feel my old micro card slowed it down just a tad. Sometimes it feels as though the screen won't respond or it could be because I'm getting used to using this screen other than the note 3.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think SD cards do indeed negatively affect performance. However, I'm more than willing to tolerate that miniscule amount of lag.

MkVsTheWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
From my experience, microSD cards have a tendency to just spontaneously die too. I personally think that they just aren't very durable.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
From my experience, microSD cards have a tendency to just spontaneously die too. I personally think that they just aren't very durable.

They are not but the less expensive ones seem exponentially less durable. I'm only will to buy something in the class of the SanDisk Extreme and they're not cheap but trying to save a buck is not worth the headache to me.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Hard to make out what you mean though. Did the Spigen take the hit? If so, it's not that much a disaster is it?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Hard to make out what you mean though. Did the Spigen take the hit? If so, it's not that much a disaster is it?

Well, the Spigen IS a nice looking case. ...hate to see it hurt. ...but better it than the palmtop.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Everything seems to be working fine. But I do feel my old micro card slowed it down just a tad. Sometimes it feels as though the screen won't respond or it could be because I'm getting used to using this screen other than the note 3.

Maybe the impact jarred the card. Take it out, reseat it, reboot.

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Still not clear if the scratches were on the aluminum bumber or the aluminum frame of the note 4 - would you please confirm this?

They were on the frame of the case. But now the bottom post of the case that connects around the charging plug bows out just a tad not sitting flush.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the SD card slows the thing down. Seems the more junk on the card the slower it gets. But even with 45 gig on a 64 gig card, it is not much, a second here or there. I would unmount the card, slide it out and reinsert it. Just in case it was dislodged.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood