Note 4 Adaptive Fast Charging - USB

ec1ips3s

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first time posting in the forum and I just had a question about the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I'm not sure if this is correct but for the adaptive fast charging, that depends on the adapter and not on the USB? If so, could I just use any micro USB or if not, what are the specific requirements for a USB that supports fast charging? (If this has already been asked, I apologize T.T)

Thank you in advance,
-ec1ips3s

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I believe it's the actual charger, I could be wrong. But I do know....that the adapter is rated up to 9 av to supply the rapid charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The charger is rated up to over 2.1 amps, don't know what you meant by "9 av".

The phone is dependent on the charger for the adaptive charging, but still requires a good quality USB 2.0 cable for that feature to work, or it may stay in slow charge mode. It can work with a USB 1.0 cable, if it's a decent quality cable, but with a crappy 1.0 or 2.0 cable, it will not work in adaptive charge mode.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
He probably meant 9v,which is correct. The stock Samsung charger supports both 5v and 9v charging

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

ec1ips3s

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you all very much for your replies! I think the topic got diverted to the charger rather than the USB cable. FBA stated that I need to have a good quality USB 2.0 cable. Are there any recommendations for any brands that are good quality but are relatively cheap?

Thanks in advance!
-ec1ips3s

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all very much for your replies! I think the topic got diverted to the charger rather than the USB cable. FBA stated that I need to have a good quality USB 2.0 cable. Are there any recommendations for any brands that are good quality but are relatively cheap?

Thanks in advance!
-ec1ips3s

With cheap you run the risk of not working with Quick Charge. There are these; they don't fit "cheap" but I bet they work:

Amazon.com: (3x Pack) OEM Samsung 5 foot Micro USB Data Sync Charging Cables for Galaxy Note 4 with Samsung Universal Dock Stand: Cell Phones & Accessories