01-23-2015 05:48 AM
58 123
tools
    Just wondering if anyone find that Note 4 is too big/bulk/heavy? Any cons of the weight and size? (I understand it is a good phone, just trying to find out if the size and weight affect anything for you e.g. too heavy in pocket, sit down uncomfortable...)

I am using S4 now and considering Note 4. Male and usually carry phone in front pocket.
    01-20-2015 04:02 AM
    Just wondering if anyone find that Note 4 is too big/bulk/heavy? Any cons of the weight and size? (I understand it is a good phone, just trying to find out if the size and weight affect anything for you e.g. too heavy in pocket, sit down uncomfortable...)

I am using S4 now and considering Note 4. Male and usually carry phone in front pocket.
    I carry my phone in my front pocket and have no problems with the Note 4 or iPhone 6 plus, I do wear kinda baggy jeans though. I did find the Nexus 6 to be a little too big, but the Note is right on that border of being as big a phone as I would want.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-20-2015 04:29 AM
    It's not too big but does feel quite bulky when it has a case on, so i only put the case on when i go to work.
    01-20-2015 05:33 AM
    when you first get a note series phone, its pretty big. It takes a week or two to get used to it. I also carry it in my front pocket with no issue but it doesnt have a case on it either. with a case, they feel to bulky to me.
    01-20-2015 07:02 AM
    Just stay away from skinny jeans then you'll be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    shortwave8669 and shaleem like this.
    01-20-2015 07:12 AM
    When I first got my Note 4 I really noticed the weight increase over my Note 3.

...but it's not to heavy now and I love the size.
    01-20-2015 07:13 AM
    I came from a LG G3 and a Lumia 920...

Looked at a Nexus 6 and Note Edge also before settling on the Note 4.

Weight is actually great.. Feels good in the hand. With a case (Samsung protective cover) its almost the same weight as the lumia - though better balanced.

Size ... For me.. The Nexus 6 and Edge broke the width barrier to comfortably hold in my hand and (for the most part) actively use the device in single handed operation. I have pretty big hands though.

If you have time... Spend time going to a store with all the devices and give them a run through.

I can say.. Now I've gone with this big of a phone, my work iPhone 5 is awfully small in comparison. It'll be hard to ever "downgrade" from this screen size for my next phone.

01-20-2015 07:51 AM
    I originally got an S4 almost two years ago and chose it over the Note 3 because of the size. Already owned a Note tablet so who needed a Note phone anyway i thought. Was mostly ok with that until my mom, then later my son and DIL got Note 3s.
    Wife and I got phone envy and younger son didn't want the bigger phone. Now he has the still under contract S4 and we both have Note 4s.
    Was best move ever. We're all phone phreaks now. The size just took a bit of getting used to.
    For me it did seem to be hard to feel a firm grip on the phone. I got a case that adds very little extra but has ridges on the sides that actually make in more comfortable for me. The case might not be good for front pocket carry though. I have a holster for mine.
    Bottom line: you'll probably adjust quickly to the size.

JKase DIABLO Series Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protection Case Cover w... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O5SCVO6/...cUvbUpU4188629

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    01-20-2015 08:00 AM
    At first it felt bulky and awkward using it but now I'm used to it. I use a slim case for it and sometimes carry it in my front shirt pocket while in the office.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    01-20-2015 10:34 AM
    I had an S4 and dumped it because I couldn't get one with 32gb. Got the Note 3, then the Note 4. Both Notes are perfect. The size is perfect. It can almost take over from my Tablet. On the Note 5, I think they will go to 6 inches, which will kill a lot of tabs..

So, to answer your question, no, it is not too big. But, then again, I don't carry my Note 4 in my pocket. I keep mine double case. That is a Tough Armour slim case, then in a protective pouch and all that goes in my messenger bag or backpack. Never was a pocket carrier of anything..
    01-20-2015 10:59 AM
    I'm a woman, so our concerns may be a little different. I do find that the Note 4 is heavier than I would prefer, but not so heavy that I returned it. I'm "coming from" a Note 3.

My current line-up of phones has ripped a hole in my purse due to the weight. I guess I need a reinforced bag!
    01-20-2015 10:59 AM
    I'm a woman, so our concerns may be a little different. I do find that the Note 4 is heavier than I would prefer, but not so heavy that I returned it. I'm "coming from" a Note 3.

My current line-up of phones has ripped a hole in my purse due to the weight. I guess I need a reinforced bag!
    If you came from a Note 3 to a Note 4, you are sharp!

Yes, I would agree on the better bag.. I am a bag freak, if there is such a thing. I have messenger bags, backpacks, and fanny/waist bags. I carry my Note 4 in all of them, and in the case of the backpack and messenger bags, my tablet and headphones are also carried there.. The bear minimum is my waist bag. It carries my Note 4 which is in two cases.. and the waist bag is not heavy either.. For you, I would recommend one of the slick looking leather backpacks, or messenger bags. You will have no problem storing your Note 4 in those two, and be looking good all at the same time..
    01-20-2015 11:06 AM
    I came from a Galaxy S3 to a Note 4 and I really thought the Note 4 was going to be and feel bigger. It is a great size and no problems in my front pockets, but I do not wear skinny jeans. Now the iphone 6+ on the other hand that thing seems huge and it has a smaller screen than the Note. So much wasted space on that thing.
    01-20-2015 11:37 AM
    Hi,

I came from the S4 myself and to be honest, sometimes the Note 4 screen actually feels small! I've gotten so used it. I use it one handed. Texting this one handed now. Don't think I could go smaller again so it's kind of ruined me. Also, it fits in my pocket easily. Sometimes sticks out a bit from my front pocket but it's no bit deal. Sometimes it helps with coverage ironically! I don't keep it in my shirt pocket. I use an original bumper plus case from Samsung. Lovely. Good protection and it doesn't add much bulk, with just the right amount of grip.

01-20-2015 12:31 PM
    Nope. All thanks to the first note 1, I got used to it very quickly.
    01-20-2015 12:45 PM
    I love the improved size. I am a heavy user (lots of screentime). I have an actual tablet but I don't carry it around everywhere I go. I found that I mainly used the S3 for browsing/steaming ect because I always have my phone with me. Now that I have the Note4, I have not touched the tablet in almost three months. I wear skinny jeans, I have never have carried a phone in my pocket. I have a leather purse. Or I may put it in my zippered jacket pocket. I have a few friends at work that tease me about the size. I pity them.

CehowardNote7 likes this.
    01-20-2015 12:53 PM
    I find that the Note 4 if the perfect size now that I've had mine for a couple weeks. It seemed large at first, especially holding it up to my face, but I got used to it pretty quick. When I bought my Galaxy S2 I found that one big too! they all just take some adjusting to. N4 fits in my pockets fine.
    01-20-2015 02:21 PM
    I love the Note's size. It's a lot of room to work with which is great. It also gives me an excuse to get a smaller handset for whenever I may want something more discreet.
    01-20-2015 02:40 PM
    When I was thinking about buying it, I was really worried about this. I had the Galaxy S5 and already had trouble using it with one hand. But, I'm a huge Netflixer/HBO Go user and I just couldn't say no to the Note 4's screen. At first, it was an adjustment in regard to holding it comfortably. I've never found it "bulky" or "heavy" though. Even with a case on, it's still slim and light. After about 2-3 weeks of using it, it felt perfectly normal in my hand and now holding my boyfriend's S4 is strange to me. Basically, it's nothing you won't be able to get used to after a week or so of usage.
    01-20-2015 10:31 PM
    my hands are small comparatively i have to use both hand for operating it.
    01-21-2015 12:50 AM
    Just stay away from skinny jeans then you'll be fine.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Stay away from the tighties and you'll be fine.

01-21-2015 01:21 AM
    Size from a usability perspective is fine, just feels like a phone in your hand but makes tasks that much easier.

The only downside is that where my old S3 would be anonymous in my pocket you do know the note is there. Through the winter I have it in my jacket pocket as its more comfortable.
    01-21-2015 03:09 AM
    Here's an interesting fact for you. The width of the stock Note 4 keyboard in one handed mode is narrower than the width of the Galaxy S4 keyboard (which you can't set to one handed mode). I've compared them. I have them both. For this reason there are less hand gymnastics required for using the Note 4 with one hand!

01-21-2015 06:25 AM
    Of course it is big, but you get used to it in a week
    shortwave8669 likes this.
    01-21-2015 07:18 AM
    I'm a girly girl and I find the weight and size reassuring. It's not TOO heavy but it feels solid. As far as size, it doesn't fit exactly right in my front jeans pocket. It sticks out a bit. But it's OK. Nothing that would keep me from getting such an amazing device.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-21-2015 07:34 AM
58 123