Issue with USB to HDMI, anyone else?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I bought this CABLE about the same time the Note 4 was released, and was able to use it with no problems, however it seems that with the software update that happened around November disabled my ability to use USB to HDMI, I am still able to charge the phone (so the cable is working) however the mirroring of the phone onto the TV is no longer working. Is anyone else is experiencing this? or is there a setting that I have to change.

P.S. I have an unrooted Sprint Note 4.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Update: I did see on other forums that this is also affecting Note 3 phones with the Kit Kat 4.4.4. Anyone know of a fix?

rdiddy_25

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
If your TV doesn't support mhl then the cable won't work. Best bet is to try to mirror the phone to a wifi enabled DVD player, chromecast, etc..

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
As mentioned above, everything was working fine up until the update. i.e. my TV does support it and it was functioning as it should. But some settings on the Note 4 must have changed during the minor update that may have disabled this function. I am looking for someone that is still able to use a USB to HDMI cable on the Note 4 to mirror their phone on their TV, so that perhaps we can compare settings.

thank you for the suggestions you mentioned, but I find this type of wired connection is more reliable/fluid (less laggy) than the wifi mirroring that you can get with ChromeCast or via a smart DVD player.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If it's any consolation on a side note... I am having the same problem on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet with 4.4.2 using a OTG cable... So if you you hear of a fix let me know and I will do the same...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma