Possible to sim unlock Sprint Note 4 to work on T-mobile

PRS247

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't try it on TMobile. When I had my Verizon Note 4, I tried on TMobile and got only 2mbs speeds, which was pathetic. I didn't even leave the store once i activated it and saw that, I turned around and cancelled my account. It will not get very fast speeds at all. So I would try a CDMA carrier that works with Verizon or Sprint. I traded my Verizon N4 in for an ATT Note 4, just because I couldn't even get it work with everything on ATT.

My older Note 2 worked great on ATT and it was a Verizon N2. So I don't know what the problem was with the Note 4 other than not being GSM.

How and where were you able to trade your Verizon Note 4 for an AT&T Note 4?

PRS247

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I went to a metropcs store and asked if i can flash my sprint note4 to metro and still get 4g and they said yes

were you able to use your Sprint Note 4 on Metro PCS?

I want to switch to Metro PCS. I just need to know if it's possible. I already went to a Metro PCS store in December, but had no luck. The staff there did not know enough to help.

But yesterday, I called and spoke to a Metro PCS employee from the Wireless Portability Dept. and was told that my phone (and all Sprint phones) are able to be used on Metro PCS. They just have to be configured to do so.

wlonsdale

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Unlock it to take a TMobile SIM? Any phone can be SIM-unlocked, all you need is the unlock code. Will it work on TMobile? For voice, text and 2G data. The radios are different in the Sprint and TMobile versions.

I can tell you for sure that taking a phone from Verison to ATT will technically work but you are stuck with HSPA+. Probably similar fro your situation.

wlonsdale

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't try it on TMobile. When I had my Verizon Note 4, I tried on TMobile and got only 2mbs speeds, which was pathetic. I didn't even leave the store once i activated it and saw that, I turned around and cancelled my account. It will not get very fast speeds at all. So I would try a CDMA carrier that works with Verizon or Sprint. I traded my Verizon N4 in for an ATT Note 4, just because I couldn't even get it work with everything on ATT.

My older Note 2 worked great on ATT and it was a Verizon N2. So I don't know what the problem was with the Note 4 other than not being GSM.

Try Verizon prepaid

wlonsdale

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
were you able to use your Sprint Note 4 on Metro PCS?

I want to switch to Metro PCS. I just need to know if it's possible. I already went to a Metro PCS store in December, but had no luck. The staff there did not know enough to help.

But yesterday, I called and spoke to a Metro PCS employee from the Wireless Portability Dept. and was told that my phone (and all Sprint phones) are able to be used on Metro PCS. They just have to be configured to do so.

As previously stated, you can use it on a differnet network but you lose 4G and LTE and some other things so yes, it will "activate"

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, should have been clearer. I traded it in to best buy to get some credit towards buying an AT&T Note 4. It wasn't an equal trade, I took a loss on it. I didn't want to pay what ATT wanted for their Note 4, so $200 off was better than nothing.

David Vasquez5

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I am on Metro Pcs with is now merged with T-Mobile. They can't and won't do Sprint phones. They do unlocked att and Verizon but not sprint. I'd ask tmobile

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

Not true..im currently using an original sprint note 4 with Metro PCS/T mobile

Last edited:

droclov

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have my note 4 from sprint rooted and sim unlocked I only get 4G no LTE and everything still works data, talk, and text, mms as well. I downloaded other apps to permanently delete the old sprint apps that wouldn't allow me to delete like the sprint visual voicemail and the sprint. No need to take up my space I'm running off of T mobile I have Metro PCS. Google MN Mobile Guy he's the man!:D

droclov

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
If you still have your Sprint phone and you want Metro PCs service 4G minus LTE which is still blazing fast on the TMobile network google MN Mobile Guy he's the man!

supreme83

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not true. Unlocked Sprint phone with get HSPA+ and possibly 4g IF you enable all bands.I pull around 5- 10 mbps.
I unlock these phones all the time for GSM. ANy of the newer sprint phones work on GSM. Just check which bands they support and enable them

Dj Lil Mac

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I was informed by Sprint that the phone's SIM can't be domestically unlocked. It only supports international SIM unlock for travel abroad on the Sprint Model. I had them unlock my Note4 for international usage only.

PRS247

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I am on Metro Pcs with is now merged with T-Mobile. They can't and won't do Sprint phones. They do unlocked att and Verizon but not sprint. I'd ask tmobile

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

Not true..im currently using an original sprint note 4 with Metro PCS/T mobile

Unless you can explain "how so," I will have to say that this is NOT TRUE.

I have to agree with KJThomas. What he posted, still seems to be true.

I've tried every route or option I could think of, Sprint, Metro, both their CS, and to date nothing's helped.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Unless you can explain "how so," I will have to say that this is NOT TRUE.

I have to agree with KJThomas. What he posted, still seems to be true.

I've tried every route or option I could think of, Sprint, Metro, both their CS, and to date nothing's helped.
You have to buy a new phone. Many people offer deals with a trade in, they don't care who the carrier of the phone is, as long as it works.

I have bought smart phones that were prepaid and cheap to trade in for deals.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
can anyone confirm that one can get a sprint GN4 unlocked for domestic use to work on t-mobile and use LTE? I'm looking to switch now that contract is up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool