Hey, I bought the Note 4 a couple of days ago, but on the forth day i fell asleep with it in my bed, and it fell to the floor landing on a pretty soft rug. But I'm paranoid because it's a pretty expensive phone so I have some questions if you guys could help my

Can a fall cause the phone to start lagging or performing worse?

When I open up the menu "Apps" and right away swipe it to the left I can see a very tiny "lag" when it "turns page", does your Note4s do that to?

I guess I'm just paranoid but I hope you guys could help me :P

Hope you understand my English to... Little bit hard to explain my problems in English cause I'm from Sweden xD
    Thnx in advance.
    01-20-2015 03:51 PM
    Can a fall cause the phone to start lagging or performing worse?
    There used to a joke in the electronics field about not dropping large glass transmitting power tubes on a feather bed. You could drop them to conxrete, but not 2" to a feather bed.

IOW, who knows? Drop a phone at precisely the right (wrong?) angle and you can shatter things. Drop it 3 times as far onto a harder surface at a different angle and all you do is scratch the edge.

When I open up the menu "Apps" and right away swipe it to the left I can see a very tiny "lag" when it "turns page", does your Note4s do that to?
    "Very tiny" is less than the variation from phone to phone. Your phone isn't running exactly the same code in exactly the same place as someone else's, and that can account for more than "very tiny" lag.

Hope you understand my English to... Little bit hard to explain my problems in English cause I'm from Sweden xD
    I find that most Scandinavians posting here write better English than most American teen-agers. Up to your last paragraph I had no idea you weren't American. But I always say that as long as we understand what you're asking, you have no need to apologize. If your English is so bad that we can't understand it, use an online translator - they're usually terrible, but they're understandable. (Oh, and if you heard my Swedish ... er, I don't speak a single word, so you wouldn't. But if I ever visit, the first thing I'm going to learn to say in Swedish is "Please forgive me for not speaking Swedish. Is there someone here who speaks English?")
    sforsyth01 and anon8380037 like this.
    01-20-2015 04:24 PM
    But I feel like, if something "broke" inside the phone (hardware) shouldn't I be experiencing more problems than only very small lags that only occur sometimes?

Oh thank you

You could say "Ursäkta mig men jag talar inte svenska, finns här någon som talar engelska?"
    01-20-2015 05:10 PM
    It's good that you care about your phone but I would not worry too much. What I WOULD do, if you haven't already, is get as case and a screen protector. Do what you can, within reason, to protect your device. Outside of that? Don't spend your time worrying. The devices are designed to withstand a certain (small) amount of shock.
    01-20-2015 05:20 PM
    Yea don't worry, Samsung wouldn't make a mainstream phone that couldn't take a bump like that, just don't let it fall out of your pocket running down the street.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-20-2015 05:29 PM
    Thnx in advance.
    I could not tell English wasn't your native language until you said that. Your English is better than many English speaking people I've seen on here.

Although I have to think that most people that post here use their phones and don't proofread and correct their keyboard's automatic correction/suggestion. I know that my messages would be horrible to read if I didn't go back, reread, and correct them.

No need to apologize (many others should) :-)
    01-20-2015 09:06 PM
    Carpet is a good safe zone lol but still be cautious. Anytime I'm outside I make sure I get a good grip on my note... so scared of that one fall that shatters the screen or something

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    dlgus likes this.
    01-20-2015 11:32 PM
    Hey, at least the rug was pretty. Lol.

I bet the phone is just fine. Delete the cache, see if that helps the lagging.
    01-21-2015 12:44 AM
    I have dropped my phone from bed 6 or so times onto a hardwood floor. I have a pretty pink incipio case and a bodygardz screen protctor. Nothing happened. Still works as great as the day I got it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2015 07:21 AM
    A fall from a bed to a soft rug should not be a problem. However, I would put it in a case just to be safe and add a tempered glass screen protector since it's such a large device. I'm very careful about my tech.
    See if releasing the cache helps. Also think about what apps and/or games you've got installed.
    Lastly could it be that the lag is as a result of poor connection or slow WiFi?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-21-2015 07:29 AM
    I don't think it depends on my connection because it's my menus that sometimes lag when i swipe them left or right..

But is there some way I can test my phones performance and see if something is messed up?
    01-21-2015 10:59 AM
    I would say you're fine. No need to worry! .
    01-21-2015 11:03 AM
    The only oddity in your English is in the subject where you say, "My phone escaped..." A native English speaker probably would not have used escaped in this sense.

This reminds me (I suppose it shouldn't really, but it does) of this great video clip of a non-Italian's troubles with learning a particular word:

qbnkelt likes this.
    01-22-2015 01:11 PM
    The only oddity in your English is in the subject where you say, "My phone escaped..." A native English speaker probably would not have used escaped in this sense.

This reminds me (I suppose it shouldn't really, but it does) of this great video clip of a non-Italian's troubles with learning a particular word:

Actually, I loved the use of "My phone escaped..." ...sounded quite clever to me.
    01-22-2015 02:31 PM

OK that was funny...

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-23-2015 08:36 PM
    Quit being paranoid and enjoy your phone! If you broke a piece of hardware in the phone, trust me, you would know it!
    sforsyth01 likes this.
    01-24-2015 11:18 AM