01-26-2015 03:50 PM
36 12
tools
    I havent really used the s-pen because im paranoid that it will scratch the screen. I just wanted to know if anyone has actually scratched the screen or am i just being paranoid

Posted via My Note 4
    01-21-2015 02:29 AM
    Paranoia....
    gummyjelly and dplongo22 like this.
    01-21-2015 02:36 AM
    Paranoid
    dplongo22 likes this.
    01-21-2015 04:26 AM
    So far no scratches and I have a niece who likes to draw on my phone with the pen, so she is constantly scribbling away
    01-21-2015 04:38 AM
    That thought crossed my mind for the thinnest of seconds way back when I got my Note II. My recommendation is to get a tempered glass protector if your worried. Further, I don't think you have anything to worry about. The stylus was made for the tough Gorilla-Glassed screen. Just make sure the tip is grit-free. Again, a tempered glass screen protector could allay this and other screen damage fears. The peace of mind may be worth the minimal cost.
    scholaryoshi likes this.
    01-21-2015 04:43 AM
    Just because you are paranoid doesnt mean they are not out to get you .

The s pen will probably do no harm. But there are other things that might. I keep all my electronic devices protected.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    Phantasmal Images likes this.
    01-21-2015 05:56 AM
    Get a tempered glass screen protector and S pen away, baby!!!!! 😙

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-21-2015 06:42 AM
    The pen won't by itself. If there happens to be some sand or such on the screen, it might.
    I really like my glass screen protector.
    01-21-2015 08:46 AM
    It won't scratch the screen.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-21-2015 10:10 AM
    I havent really used the s-pen because im paranoid that it will scratch the screen. I just wanted to know if anyone has actually scratched the screen or am i just being paranoid

Posted via My Note 4
    Dude you are paranoid, they probably wouldn't release the phone with a pen that scratches your screen, and if there was a chance that the s pen could scratch the screen I'm sure Samsung would have let us know in some way
    But if you are that paranoid then do what everybody says, get a screen protector
    01-21-2015 10:15 AM
    That thought crossed my mind for the thinnest of seconds way back when I got my Note II. My recommendation is to get a tempered glass protector if your worried. Further, I don't think you have anything to worry about. The stylus was made for the tough Gorilla-Glassed screen. Just make sure the tip is grit-free. Again, a tempered glass screen protector could allay this and other screen damage fears. The peace of mind may be worth the minimal cost.
    Well said and I completely agree!

My whole purpose for using/staying with the Note is the S Pen. I use it all day long to use all functions of my phone. My fingers rarely touch the screen! I previously had the Note 2 and did the same.....that phone is in pretty perfect condition after 2 years of use. I did put a Zagg glass protector on my Note 4.....and it's wonderful.
    01-21-2015 04:27 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys!

Posted via My Note 4
    shortwave8669 likes this.
    01-21-2015 04:59 PM
    You know what cracks me up that I dont understand for the life of me... before a phone is released I see a TON of Spec, reviews, videos about Gorilla glass this... and Corning glass that... level2 glass, level 3... I see people hitting the glass with hammers scratching them with keys, change... dropping them of ladders, etc.... and how durable they are, etc... but yet the 2nd time I put the thing in my pocket I somehow must have brushed up against a piece of lint and now have a 2mm scratch on this "so called" super glass... can someone please explain to me why that is... I mean really... does it need to be said...? why doesn't the factory incorporate a QUALITY replaceable screen protector with the phone from the factory... okay... rant overwith... sorry fellows..
    01-21-2015 05:37 PM
    Rickgsx, I learned the hard way not to trust the hype of Gorilla Glass. It may be tough but steamy breath and a hard stare will scratch it. My Note 2, that I took a chance leaving unprotected, ended up with a nice inexplicable scratch on it. I've been using screen protectors religiously since then and will continue to do so. Yeahp, they can have my $20 for that.
    01-21-2015 07:11 PM
    I was just thinking about removing my screen protector because my phone has had a good run and so far I have had no times where it would have been in danger but reading these, I might just leave it on.

I bet as soon as I remove it is when I'd drop it, have it skid along the ground and end up with huge scratches
    01-22-2015 04:51 AM
    I don't trust all that hype about glass strength. I always keep my phone in a case. The brief period of time, about two days, when I had my gorgeous red SGS3 unprotected ended when I dropped it and shattered the screen.
    NEVER again will I have an unprotected device.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-22-2015 04:51 AM
    I was just thinking about removing my screen protector because my phone has had a good run and so far I have had no times where it would have been in danger but reading these, I might just leave it on.

I bet as soon as I remove it is when I'd drop it, have it skid along the ground and end up with huge scratches
    Sadly, yes. As soon as you take it out of the case it WILL rip itself from your hands and make a b-line for the asphalt or concrete. Seems you may have one of the 'rebel' devices.
    01-22-2015 05:07 AM
    Well said and I completely agree!

My whole purpose for using/staying with the Note is the S Pen. I use it all day long to use all functions of my phone. My fingers rarely touch the screen! I previously had the Note 2 and did the same.....that phone is in pretty perfect condition after 2 years of use. I did put a Zagg glass protector on my Note 4.....and it's wonderful.
    Same here about using the S-Pen all the time and my fingers rarely touching the screen. Did so with my old Note 2 for two years (still have it as a backup) without any type of screen protector and no scratches on the screen. Same thing with an OG Note 10.1 for almost two years now and the last three months with a Note 4. IMHO, the key is to keep the screen and S-Pen clean of any type of dirt/debris, which is what could actually scratch the screen, not the S-Pen itself.
    GregMargie and shortwave8669 like this.
    01-22-2015 09:27 AM
    You know what cracks me up that I dont understand for the life of me... before a phone is released I see a TON of Spec, reviews, videos about Gorilla glass this... and Corning glass that... level2 glass, level 3... I see people hitting the glass with hammers scratching them with keys, change... dropping them of ladders, etc.... and how durable they are, etc... but yet the 2nd time I put the thing in my pocket I somehow must have brushed up against a piece of lint and now have a 2mm scratch on this "so called" super glass... can someone please explain to me why that is... I mean really... does it need to be said...? why doesn't the factory incorporate a QUALITY replaceable screen protector with the phone from the factory... okay... rant overwith... sorry fellows..
    You should post that in some of the threads asking "do I need a screen protector?" There are always some who simply think the screen is virtually invulnerable. It's Gorilla Glass! It's this, it's that.
    01-22-2015 10:49 AM
    Same here about using the S-Pen all the time and my fingers rarely touching the screen. Did so with my old Note 2 for two years (still have it as a backup) without any type of screen protector and no scratches on the screen. Same thing with an OG Note 10.1 for almost two years now and the last three months with a Note 4. IMHO, the key is to keep the screen and S-Pen clean of any type of dirt/debris, which is what could actually scratch the screen, not the S-Pen itself.
    Haha.....Same Exactly with me, except I don't have the Note 10.1, but want one soooooooo bad! LOL! Just can't justify the Need/Expense right now!!! Urgh!
    01-22-2015 03:49 PM

Posted via My Note 4
    Lots of s-pen use no scratches
    01-22-2015 10:43 PM
    YMMV. I have had two Note 4s and on the first one, I never had any issues with the pen scratching the screen. Yesterday, I got a brand new Note 4 and the first time I pulled out the S-Pen and used it, it left a nice inch-long scratch on the screen. I'll be adding a screen protector ASAP.
    01-24-2015 01:37 PM
    YMMV. I have had two Note 4s and on the first one, I never had any issues with the pen scratching the screen. Yesterday, I got a brand new Note 4 and the first time I pulled out the S-Pen and used it, it left a nice inch-long scratch on the screen. I'll be adding a screen protector ASAP.
    Are you serious? That stinX.
    01-24-2015 01:47 PM
    Just curious why you have had 2 note 4's within such a short period of time?
    01-24-2015 02:24 PM
    I'm a chronic phone switcher. I got the Note 4 the day after Christmas on T-Mobile's Jump plan. Had it for about 10 days. Liked it but it wasn't insanely better than my OnePlus One so I returned it. Well my OPO started acting up again and my only recourse was to email them and wait a few days for a response. I got annoyed with that, and still dug the Note 4 so I got one again yesterday. I looked at the tip of the S-Pen a little closer and it seems the one that came in the phone had a sharp edge on it. I switched it out with one of the extra tips in the box and it is much smoother now. Scratch is still there but I guess I'll live with it. It's only noticeable in certain conditions, so it's not the end of the world.
    01-24-2015 05:35 PM
36 12