01-27-2015 05:29 PM
38 12
tools
    Here is a snapshot of my typical day. The phone was 100% charged when I went to sleep. It only used 3%.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thats the difference, in our case android system is on top sucking phone's blood

Posted from Samsung Galaxy Note® 4
    01-23-2015 09:30 PM
    Thats the difference, in our case android system is on top sucking phone's blood

That's the same problem I'm having. I really don't want to do a reset. About to throw it out the window and get my BlackBerry back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-23-2015 09:59 PM
    Have any of you guys done an update recently?

I,m 28% android os
    18% cell standby
    15% android system
    13% screen

Screen used to be the top.
    01-24-2015 12:32 AM
    I notice that Location On and 4G are the main causes of battery drain in my Note 4. Now I am using only 3g and I enable Location only when needed.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-24-2015 05:00 AM
    I agree to turn off auto-brightness and only have brightness at a level where you can read comfortably. Turn off all radios that aren't in use. I use power saving mode and I like it, but the one thing that I don't like is that the capacitive buttons don't light up.
    Out of interest why do people recommend turning auto brightness off, isn't it there for a reason? I thought it would have better to turn it down with auto still enabled or am I wrong?
    01-24-2015 05:50 AM
    Same here... i feel like the battery aint that good anymore since i got it. and I don't even have that much apps installed i even use greenify donation and use it for system apps to.
    but still i get 3 hours of sot and thats not bad imo compared to my galaxy s3 that was rooted and tweaked and give me 1.5 sot. We should not complain about the battery life on this phone becouse it really is awesome.

Edit
    i allways have brightness at the maximum level.
    don't use location or nfc bleutooth everything is turned off
    01-24-2015 07:03 AM
    The Note 4's maximum brightness is like lasers shooting into your eyes when indoors. I don't know how you all do it. I keep mine at about .25% and automatic. Easy on the eyes but bright when necessary (which is not all the time).
    01-24-2015 07:34 AM
    The Note 4's maximum brightness is like lasers shooting into your eyes when indoors. I don't know how you all do it. I keep mine at about .25% and automatic. Easy on the eyes but bright when necessary (which is not all the time).
    I totally agree with you. Mine is on automatic turned down to -3 and is perfectly readable and bright enough screen. I just can't quite understand why some people say turn auto brightness off to save the battery. Surely, if you turn it off it will do the opposite?
    01-24-2015 07:50 AM
    Nope. Still getting around a day on WiFi and about 16 hours on the network.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    01-24-2015 08:24 AM
    Out of interest why do people recommend turning auto brightness off, isn't it there for a reason? I thought it would have better to turn it down with auto still enabled or am I wrong?
    In theory, auto brightness helps with the assumption that people keep their devices brighter than the situation warrants. I keep mine fairly dim indoors and only turn it up in brighter conditions. When I have it on auto brightness it's usually brighter than I typically have it.
    D Android likes this.
    01-24-2015 11:27 AM
    Thanks, that's why I keep mine on auto at -3. I think it about right, but everyone has their own preferences.
    01-24-2015 11:34 AM
    Thanks, that's why I keep mine on auto at -3. I think it about right, but everyone has their own preferences.
    Auto has nothing to do with your manual -3....auto is, system will decide depending on the natural brightness around you. Either manual or auto works at a time.

01-24-2015 11:37 AM
    this is not correct. It was fine before, because before, when people first get the phone, they don't have that many app and process, and these things were not tracking and transmitting as much data.

with time goes by, more and more apps and processes are making more transmissions of data, apps are also getting tangled and may stuck more easily.

Turning off data when not in use is perfect recommendation for those who doesn't need data to be on all the time. Obviously everybody can weigh pros and cons for their own situation. For me personally, I get zero benefit by keeping data on all the time, and I am happy with the 7-9 hr screen on time by turning these things off.
    OF course what I said was correct because I was saying what my experience has been. You need to understand what I said before saying it's wrong. For some people, shutting off radios can be helpful and CAN be their solution. In my case, it is not a solution because my device was fine before when I left them on. I do not download and uninstall apps willy nilly and I watch my device performance as I download an app for a few days to make sure it plays nice. I even factory reset my phone and followed this same process a few weeks back to ensure that it wasn't a rogue app. It's obviously something to do with an app, but shutting off radios has not been the solution. Trust me, as the easiest possible suggestion I tried this before determining it wasn't the problem.
    01-27-2015 05:29 PM
38 12