Note 4: Battery Life getting worse??

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree. If you WANT to turn them off that's great. I too leave NFC off. I'm just saying that if someone was getting great battery life with them on, suggesting they turn them off now to improve battery is not a helpful suggestion. Obviously they were not the problem or they shouldn't be the problem if it was fine before. I left everything except NFC on and was easily getting 5 hours of SOT. Now I get around 3 and can't figure out why. Shutting off those radios is not the solution in my case.

this is not correct. It was fine before, because before, when people first get the phone, they don't have that many app and process, and these things were not tracking and transmitting as much data.

with time goes by, more and more apps and processes are making more transmissions of data, apps are also getting tangled and may stuck more easily.

Turning off data when not in use is perfect recommendation for those who doesn't need data to be on all the time. Obviously everybody can weigh pros and cons for their own situation. For me personally, I get zero benefit by keeping data on all the time, and I am happy with the 7-9 hr screen on time by turning these things off.

smooth2222

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Question is, did you all get a recent update? Mine started right after a update from sprint, i thought it was lollipop so i updated it, but ofcourse it wasnt.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Question is, did you all get a recent update? Mine started right after a update from sprint, i thought it was lollipop so i updated it, but ofcourse it wasnt.

I doona want the Lollipoop update yet. I'll let the anxious be the guinea pigs. Let me know when its rock solid and then I'm all in.

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Here is a snapshot of my typical day. The phone was 100% charged when I went to sleep. It only used 3%.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-23-17-38-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-23-17-38-03.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 72

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Here is a snapshot of my typical day. The phone was 100% charged when I went to sleep. It only used 3%.

Thats the difference, in our case android system is on top sucking phone's blood

Posted from Samsung Galaxy Note® 4

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thats the difference, in our case android system is on top sucking phone's blood

That's the same problem I'm having. I really don't want to do a reset. About to throw it out the window and get my BlackBerry back.

robandr

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I notice that Location On and 4G are the main causes of battery drain in my Note 4. Now I am using only 3g and I enable Location only when needed.

Posted via Android Central App

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree to turn off auto-brightness and only have brightness at a level where you can read comfortably. Turn off all radios that aren't in use. I use power saving mode and I like it, but the one thing that I don't like is that the capacitive buttons don't light up.

Out of interest why do people recommend turning auto brightness off, isn't it there for a reason? I thought it would have better to turn it down with auto still enabled or am I wrong?

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Same here... i feel like the battery aint that good anymore since i got it. and I don't even have that much apps installed i even use greenify donation and use it for system apps to.
but still i get 3 hours of sot and thats not bad imo compared to my galaxy s3 that was rooted and tweaked and give me 1.5 sot. We should not complain about the battery life on this phone becouse it really is awesome.

Edit
i allways have brightness at the maximum level.
don't use location or nfc bleutooth everything is turned off

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4's maximum brightness is like lasers shooting into your eyes when indoors. I don't know how you all do it. I keep mine at about .25% and automatic. Easy on the eyes but bright when necessary (which is not all the time).

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
The Note 4's maximum brightness is like lasers shooting into your eyes when indoors. I don't know how you all do it. I keep mine at about .25% and automatic. Easy on the eyes but bright when necessary (which is not all the time).

I totally agree with you. Mine is on automatic turned down to -3 and is perfectly readable and bright enough screen. I just can't quite understand why some people say turn auto brightness off to save the battery. Surely, if you turn it off it will do the opposite?

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Still getting around a day on WiFi and about 16 hours on the network.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Out of interest why do people recommend turning auto brightness off, isn't it there for a reason? I thought it would have better to turn it down with auto still enabled or am I wrong?

In theory, auto brightness helps with the assumption that people keep their devices brighter than the situation warrants. I keep mine fairly dim indoors and only turn it up in brighter conditions. When I have it on auto brightness it's usually brighter than I typically have it.

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that's why I keep mine on auto at -3. I think it about right, but everyone has their own preferences.
Auto has nothing to do with your manual -3....auto is, system will decide depending on the natural brightness around you. Either manual or auto works at a time.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
this is not correct. It was fine before, because before, when people first get the phone, they don't have that many app and process, and these things were not tracking and transmitting as much data.

with time goes by, more and more apps and processes are making more transmissions of data, apps are also getting tangled and may stuck more easily.

Turning off data when not in use is perfect recommendation for those who doesn't need data to be on all the time. Obviously everybody can weigh pros and cons for their own situation. For me personally, I get zero benefit by keeping data on all the time, and I am happy with the 7-9 hr screen on time by turning these things off.

OF course what I said was correct because I was saying what my experience has been. You need to understand what I said before saying it's wrong. For some people, shutting off radios can be helpful and CAN be their solution. In my case, it is not a solution because my device was fine before when I left them on. I do not download and uninstall apps willy nilly and I watch my device performance as I download an app for a few days to make sure it plays nice. I even factory reset my phone and followed this same process a few weeks back to ensure that it wasn't a rogue app. It's obviously something to do with an app, but shutting off radios has not been the solution. Trust me, as the easiest possible suggestion I tried this before determining it wasn't the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX