Why does my internet keep dropping out

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Recently my mobile internet keeps dropping out. I have a Samsung note 4 and it should be able to run 4g but I never see it. It keeps switching from 3g to H. I have the settings to LTE auto but it never hits 4G. I called my network provider and they said everything is normal on the sim and there are no current issues. My friend has a one plus one on the same network and his is always on 4G in the same area as me.

If anyone has any ideas what could be going on here that would be great, thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Check the speeds assuming same network, location and time. It could just be the way it is indicating things on the two phones. Samsung might indicate 3g/H for the same that opo indicates 4g.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info, as I am not sure how to fix this.
As the internet keeps dropping out I think the issue is possibly deeper than the visual display of the internet speeds on the 2 phones. My friends internet is fine and never cuts out. I am just not sure what is causing this on my phone. Could jt be the phone or the service provider? This is a new problem which makes me think its a network issue but the phone has never been on 4g ever so it could be some settings, honestly Im stuck.

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I think this is probably the best idea. When I called the support centre they requested me to set the phone to 3g only to see if this helped, but it didn't.

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Well I took my phone to my service provider yesterday and they checked the service and also changed the sim just incase this could be the issue. Unfortunately this has still not solved the problem. I am starting to think it could possibly be a hardware issue by process of elimination :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Will the carrier send you a replacement? For me, Verizon will send me a replacement model first then I will just ship it back to them. Verizon covers shipping both ways

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

nikvik1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
As the phone is only 3 months old I am still under warranty and I can take it into the shop and they have a "geek squad" where they can assess the issue. If the phone is at fault I believe they will just replace the unit. Its very strange though but possibly there may be an issue with the internal antenna. I have no idea really, how these things work. These phones are so jam packed full of tech a small issue internally could cause many faults.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If they already swapped SIM cards and checked everything on their end, then you definitely need a replacement!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Will the carrier send you a replacement? For me, Verizon will send me a replacement model first then I will just ship it back to them. Verizon covers shipping both ways

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Same with TMO...Overnight.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad