Default messages app slow

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I switched from chomp this week because for some reason chomp wouldn't allow me to send MMS anymore. I went into att and they said to switch the the messages default app and it'll be fine. It's worked like a charm since (which sucks because I love chomp). Anyways, is anyone else's app slow? It's kinda sluggish and not very smooth when it comes to sending messages and receiving them. I wish I could figure out what happened with chomp...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a large amount of messages? The stock apps usually aren't very good at dealing with too many of them, and become slow or unusable. Try deleting some that you may not need, and clearing the cache for the app. Settings > Applications > Messaging > Clear Cache

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Tried and no luck. Any suggestions for an alternative? I love chomp but it consistently doesn't send MMS on AT&T. I tried Handcent but was confused and deleted it so I'm still on the default

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I really like evolve SMS and here lately upon the recommendation of others on this site I've went to textra Which I like a lot

Never underestimate the power of the S Pen

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Tried and no luck. Any suggestions for an alternative? I love chomp but it consistently doesn't send MMS on AT&T. I tried Handcent but was confused and deleted it so I'm still on the default

May just be that the stock app isn't optimized well (wouldn't surprise me seeing as it's Samsung). Google's new Messenger app is great. Also used QKSMS. Nothing too difficult to pick up :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
So what's wrong with stock SMS? I've used GoSMS and Handcent in the past and thought they were quite bloated for a texting app. I've never had speed or delivery problems with the stock app and I think it looks good as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084