Hi everyone,

My note 4 doesn't fast charge anymore. It use to when I first got the phone but not anymore. Anyone know what could possibly be going on? I have fast charge checked in Settings > Fast Charge and I'm still using the adaptive fast charger that came with my phone.

Thanks for your help!

Michael
    b4Blonde likes this.
    01-22-2015 01:54 PM
    Fast charge charges the battery from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes, then it resumes normal charge. So if the battery is at 50% or more, fast charge doesn't do anything. (And it you run it down below 40%, you're asking for a short battery life, so fast charge is more a marketing gimmick than something useful. You use it under conditions that should almost never occur.)
    01-22-2015 04:19 PM
    Hi everyone,

My note 4 doesn't fast charge anymore. It use to when I first got the phone but not anymore. Anyone know what could possibly be going on? I have fast charge checked in Settings > Fast Charge and I'm still using the adaptive fast charger that came with my phone.

Thanks for your help!

Michael
    Try another cable. I've read of the same problem in this forum before and the cable was the culprit. Also, only once has this happened, but I plugged up to fast charge at work and noticed it showed USB charging. I removed the cable from the charger block and restarted the phone and everything worked fine after that. Good luck.

Posted via MY Note 4
    01-22-2015 07:30 PM
    Fast charge charges the battery from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes, then it resumes normal charge. So if the battery is at 50% or more, fast charge doesn't do anything. (And it you run it down below 40%, you're asking for a short battery life, so fast charge is more a marketing gimmick than something useful. You use it under conditions that should almost never occur.)
    This isn't entirely accurate. My charging speed is lightning fast all the way to 90% then it noticeably slows down. And this is true, regardless of where I start charging. 5% or 75%. The rate Is about 2% a minute up to 90%.

Posted via MY Note 4
    01-22-2015 07:31 PM
    Unplug your charger block from the wall, Unplug your cable from it and plug it back in. Plug the block back into the wall and plug in your phone.
    Your notification will start again and you'll have your quick charger back.

Sent flawlessly from my Note 4
    01-22-2015 09:19 PM
    This isn't entirely accurate. My charging speed is lightning fast all the way to 90% then it noticeably slows down. And this is true, regardless of where I start charging. 5% or 75%. The rate Is about 2% a minute up to 90%.

Posted via MY Note 4
    Fully agree here.

My adaptive charger also stopped doing the fast charge a week ago. On Sunday the 18th it stopped charging altogether. Took it, the cable and the note to the Vodacom outlet. 10 minutes later walked out with a brandnew adaptive charger. Apparently Samsung had a batch of defective chargers delivered.
    01-22-2015 09:31 PM

Posted via MY Note 4
    This.
    01-22-2015 09:34 PM
    I had the cables that came with my note 2 and note 3 both quit after a couple months of use, dont know why they would just stop, they were never wrapped or pinched. Ive only had my note 4 about ten days so no issues yet lol.

Also, some say that fast charging means faster draining. Is there any truth to that? Ive used the note4 w the fast charge enabled, would there be any advantage to turning fast charge off? It charges during the day while i sleep so im never "in a hurry" for it to charge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-23-2015 08:33 PM
    Fast charging is maintained until about 75% at "full" speed. Fast charging does begin to taper after that point . I posted the charging profile a while back.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...g-profile.html

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    01-24-2015 07:30 AM
    For me, fast charge sometimes doesn't work also. The fix for me is to restart my phone and it would start fast charging again.
    03-02-2015 08:23 PM
    When your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 no longer chargest quick, it could be because the charger doesn't recognize your device anymore. What you have to do first is check the "fast charge" on your device

Go under -Settings then -Battery.

If it's shaded grey than you would need to

Go under -Settings -Reset Settings.

It will power off your phone and reset some of your settings but your charger will be at "fast charge" again and you'll have a full battery after 15 minutes.

You're welcome!! =)
    05-18-2015 11:10 PM
    Also, some say that fast charging means faster draining. Is there any truth to that? Ive used the note4 w the fast charge enabled, would there be any advantage to turning fast charge off? It charges during the day while i sleep so im never "in a hurry" for it to charge.
    Fast charging really isn't related to the speed at which your battery drains.

However, by nature, using a battery does small amounts of damage to it until it degrades. Fast charging can, in theory, accelerate that damage. While your battery is obviously designed to be continuously fast-charged, in general the slower you charge a battery the less damage you are doing to it. So to keep your battery at optimal capacity for the longest time, it's probably best to disable fast charging.

Especially in a situation where you are charging it overnight - if there's no hurry to charge the battery you are better off charging it slowly.

Having said all that, don't use a slow charger when you are sitting there waiting on a recharge to "baby" the battery. The amount of damage done is fairly trivial, and the Note 4 has a user-replaceable battery. Charge it in a manner that is convenient for you.

I tend to use a regular charger for my Note 4 when I charge it overnight, and only put it on the fast charger when, for example, I get home from work and have 15 minutes to dump some wattage into the battery so I can go out for dinner when I'm on call without worrying about charge anxiety (though now that I have a spare battery, I tend to just pop the back off and change batteries instead). I am, however, thinking about a fast charger for the car so I can dump power into the phone quickly while commuting home or to work. That might even eliminate the need to charge overnight.
    05-19-2015 07:55 AM
    Fully agree here.

My adaptive charger also stopped doing the fast charge a week ago. On Sunday the 18th it stopped charging altogether. Took it, the cable and the note to the Vodacom outlet. 10 minutes later walked out with a brandnew adaptive charger. Apparently Samsung had a batch of defective chargers delivered.
    I'm on my second fastcharger adapter and I haven't had my note 4 for a year yet. My mother's went out as well. I'm tired of buying new adapters, when is samsung going to address this problem and correct it. I admit, I used other devices on my first adapter and didn't treat it with TLC, but this second one, I have and got the same result. I could use some advise on how to address this with samsung, because products were purchased online. I need my fast charger back NOW, not in two weeks when they my or may not provide me with one that doesn't have the shelf life of raw vegetables.
    07-26-2015 11:43 PM
    My service provider (Vodacom) tested the charger, found it faulty and exchanged it. I charge various Samsung devices with it using device specific OEM cables.
    08-01-2015 01:08 AM
    I also have the note 4 and my charger isn't working, went back and bought a new cord from Verizon $20 two months ago and it now is not working... it chirps like it is working but it did not charge at all so I even turned it off for a few hours and turned it back on, even with the battery charging pic on the turned off phone looked to be charging.. but never did.. hold at 23-25%.. this is getting ridiculous ... any clues?
    08-01-2015 10:26 AM
    I just started having this problem, and to test if it was a device issue or a wire issue I tried on my external battery charger. An authentic samsung product that fast chargers when plugged in with the adaptive fast charger.

Even my external charger won't charge fast. So I read through the comments above, and found that unplugging the adapter, then unplugging the wire from the adapter. Then replugging the wire and then the adapter got it to turn back on into fast charging mode.

Don't know how long this will work, but for now i'm back to normal operations.
    08-04-2015 08:27 PM
    Hi Jody, this is common problem, believe or not, either your micro usb port is faulty or the batter. I suggest get a replacement battery first, if not, have your phone's port tested, since you've already eliminated the charger as the problem
    11-04-2015 02:44 PM
    Unplug your charger block from the wall, Unplug your cable from it and plug it back in. Plug the block back into the wall and plug in your phone.
    Your notification will start again and you'll have your quick charger back.

Sent flawlessly from my Note 4
    01-08-2016 12:44 AM
    The unplug replugin worked 8% in time,it took to log in to forum...
    01-08-2016 12:46 AM
    I got about a year out of my original battery and I regularly ran that battery down to less than 20% everyday.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    01-08-2016 02:48 AM
    Just a note to anyone having this problem, I noticed that your cable must be able to transmit data information as well as power to quick charge. If your cable is a cheap power-only cable (that may have come with a pair of headphones or Bluetooth earpiece or something) then quick charge won't work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2016 05:20 PM