Cosmetic damage help

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, after an unfortunate accident my note 4 has ended up with some dents in the metal frame.

Obviously, after just buying it I am rather upset. Has anyone got any home-made remedies that could fix the metal frame or will I have to send it off to Samsung?

Posted via the Android Central App

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
samsung probably wont do anything for you.. its just frame damage.. they would need to swap all your internals into a new chassis.. this is probably less practical than trading in for a refurbished phone.. point is.. repairs are gonna cost more than its worth.. gonna have to just live with it... Im pretty sure even if you have a protection plan what ever the company is that its with, they likely doesnt care to much for some simple cosmetic damage...

Your best bet is to find some cell phone repair place... but i dont think there is much they can do for you.. and its definitely not gonna be cheap.

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, here's a photo of one scratch area taken from my old SIII mini.

I could live with it if it was after a couple of months, but I just got the phone...

Attachments

• 20150123_184813.jpg
    20150123_184813.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 134

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Use some Jewelers Rouge and try to polish it out. Looks like some limited use of 600 and 1200 could help too.

I have a Lap and facet different stones for a hobby. I am sure you can polish it out, it is aluminum you know.

Chuck

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I would be upset that I marred my phone but think of it as getting a ding in your new car.

Some jackass opens his door and you have a small small almost invisible mark. Are you going to spend the money to get it addressed at a body shop or be relieved that the first damage is done and it wasn't worse.

Those marks are so small as to be invisible. I would not bother with it. Just put on a minimalist case and you will be fine.

That is just my opinion though and believe me I LOVE my car (get it detailed 2x per year) and I LOVE this phone. I still would not send it for fixing for minor minor cosmetic repairs.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I would be upset that I marred my phone but think of it as getting a ding in your new car.

Some jackass opens his door and you have a small small almost invisible mark. Are you going to spend the money to get it addressed at a body shop or be relieved that the first damage is done and it wasn't worse.

I would be at Dent Masters ASAP getting that dent out of my baby. Women, bless their hearts, can be ruthless about opening their car doors on you.

Note 4 Multitasker

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing a few weeks after getting mine. Threw an otterbox case on it and tried to forget about the scratches. Still drives me nuts! I like to take my cases of when I'm home.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
The OP made me strangely hungry.
Would you consider a case? I've already got three for my baby.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That's unfortunate. However, I think I would just put it in a case and try not to worry about it.
I agree, you will never see it then and will be less upsetting......granted it is very aggravating for that to happen when it is Brand new, but at least it wasn't the screen!

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
you could try some polishing cream and buff it out...
something like this? http://youtu.be/kKUBmsqtn4k
i would tape off the rest of the area so you wont cause more damage but if anything like everyone else said just buy a nice case you love and forget about the damage

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza