Any know of a good camera app for the note 4?

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4
    01-22-2015 09:40 PM
    VSCO Cam and Camera FV-5
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vsco.cam
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.camera.lite

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2
    01-22-2015 09:52 PM
    VSCO Cam and Camera FV-5
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vsco.cam
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.camera.lite

Thanks

UJ95x likes this.
    01-22-2015 09:56 PM
    Thanks

No problem
    Just found that VSCO app, and it's been great. Don't have the stock TouchWiz camera app anymore unfortunately, but it took way better pics than the Google Camera. That one has been the closest in terms of quality. FV-5 is more for if you want manual controls of everything

thatdude93 likes this.
    01-22-2015 11:13 PM
    Another vote for VSCO - I use that on my Note 4 as a default instead of the stock camera. I like how easy it is to add a filter to my pictures.
    01-23-2015 07:18 AM
    FWIW, I think I've tried all of the phone apps, and each time, I return to the stock app.

Unless you want to add "filters" and other funky modifications to your images, I find that the stock app is best. Personally, the one feature I NEED in a phone app, doesn't appear to be supported by the phone: the ability to focus and expose in two different parts of the image (something the iPhone lets you do).
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    01-23-2015 08:55 AM
    FWIW, I think I've tried all of the phone apps, and each time, I return to the stock app.

Unless you want to add "filters" and other funky modifications to your images, I find that the stock app is best. Personally, the one feature I NEED in a phone app, doesn't appear to be supported by the phone: the ability to focus and expose in two different parts of the image (something the iPhone lets you do).
    So you can select one portion of the image and use that as focus and select another for the exposure???
    01-24-2015 10:26 AM
    So you can select one portion of the image and use that as focus and select another for the exposure???
    I could do that on the iPhone, but not on the Note 3 or 4. I believe it's a limitation of the hardware.
    01-24-2015 10:39 AM
    I could do that on the iPhone, but not on the Note 3 or 4. I believe it's a limitation of the hardware.
    But was that the correct procedure or are you talking about AE-L??
    01-24-2015 10:40 AM
    But was that the correct procedure or are you talking about AE-L??
    I don't know what you mean by "correct procedure". AE-L is auto-exposure lock and AF-L is auto-focus lock - the Note 4 does both the same time - you can't do one without the other. On the iPhone you can do either function separately - AE-L in one part of the scene and AF-L in another part of the scene.
    01-24-2015 10:46 AM
    I don't know what you mean by "correct procedure". AE-L is auto-exposure lock and AF-L is auto-focus lock - the Note 4 does both the same time - you can't do one without the other. On the iPhone you can do either function separately - AE-L in one part of the scene and AF-L in another part of the scene.
    In other words, I was asking if that's how it was done on the iPhone. You would select one area for focus and then select another for exposure?? Or would you use Auto-Exposure Lock and then set a focus area?
    01-24-2015 10:50 AM
    In other words, I was asking if that's how it was done on the iPhone. You would select one area for focus and then select another for exposure?? Or would you use Auto-Exposure Lock and then set a focus area?
    The first finger you touched the screen with would set the AF and AE and if you put a second finger on the screen, that would be the AE.
    01-24-2015 01:34 PM
    The first finger you touched the screen with would set the AF and AE and if you put a second finger on the screen, that would be the AE.
    If you hold your finger down on a spot , you will eventually see a dotted blue circle to lock exposure and focus. Try it and let me know your results!
    01-31-2015 12:03 AM