So I left my Note 4 charging overnight.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
charging put battery at high voltage (4.2-4.3), so the shorter you charge it, the better.

However, since the battery is removable, you can always swap battery when it dies. So charging overnight is likely okay.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
All new phones and batteries have circuitry and electronics deigned to charge the battery efficiently and correctly with no risk of damage to the phone or battery. There is absolutely no risk in leaving the phone charge through the night. When would some of you expect people to charge their phones?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
All new phones and batteries have circuitry and electronics deigned to charge the battery efficiently and correctly with no risk of damage to the phone or battery. There is absolutely no risk in leaving the phone charge through the night. When would some of you expect people to charge their phones?

smart charge doesn't change the fact the battery is at high voltage.

I charge my phone when i get up in the morning, I let it sit an hr while I get coffee, get on computer to read news, check email etc.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
smart charge doesn't change the fact the battery is at high voltage.

I charge my phone when i get up in the morning, I let it sit an hr while I get coffee, get on computer to read news, check email etc.

It basically shuts off charging to the battery once it's fully charged so no "high voltage" is getting to the battery but I guess you can do whatever works for you. I just don't like myths being spread unnecessarily.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It basically shuts off charging to the battery once it's fully charged so no "high voltage" is getting to the battery but I guess you can do whatever works for you. I just don't like myths being spread unnecessarily.

lol, funny you make such statement. You may want to install any battery monitoring app and check the battery's voltage. It is 4.2v at 100%.

Let me rephrase so its clearer, when you keep your phone on the charger after fully charged, it stays at 100% charge level, which is at a voltage of 4.2 v. For Li-ion batteries, thats high voltage that stresses the battery.

It's not "what works" for anybody, and it is not nice to freely accuse people "spreading myth".

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I say charge the thing how you want to. If the battery begins to act up buy a new one, it is a $700+ phone. To be worried about spending $30 on a new battery seem silly. It cost twice that to put gas in your car and that won't last near as long as a single battery in your phone. Think about it.

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
This ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

All night, every night. If you are worried about this, you need something else to worry about 😆

Posted via the Android Central App

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
lol, funny you make such statement. You may want to install any battery monitoring app and check the battery's voltage. It is 4.2v at 100%.

Let me rephrase so its clearer, when you keep your phone on the charger after fully charged, it stays at 100% charge level, which is at a voltage of 4.2 v. For Li-ion batteries, thats high voltage that stresses the battery.

It's not "what works" for anybody, and it is not nice to freely accuse people "spreading myth".

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

I charged my S3 overnight, every night for over 2 years. My original battery is still going strong. Do you have real world proof or just internet anecdotal proof?

Myth indeed.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok so here is the BEEF! I attached a couple electrodes to the battery terminals of my Note 4. They are the tiny aluminum foil strips that sneak under the battery and out around the wireless charging pad. I measured the voltage and they are as follows:

!charg note.jpg

I say spend the $30 when the battery goes bad.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I do this every night since day one and the battery runs as good as day one.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Russ Griffin1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I charged my S3 overnight, every night for over 2 years. My original battery is still going strong. Do you have real world proof or just internet anecdotal proof?

Myth indeed.
Same here, also did the same with my old htc evo.. I also do the same thing with my dewalt drill batteries which cost way more than my note 4's