I am thinking of ditching my Droid RAZR M instead of hanging in there until July when my contract is up. My only concern is the spring releases . The Note 4 should last very well for several years though I would think. Thoughts? My main requirements are storage space and camera.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-23-2015 04:40 PM
    I have the Note 3 - same storage. A 32GB SD card for data and junk. I'm a software junkie - most of what I'm not using is still there, taking up space, just disabled. (One day I'll back up and delete it all.) I still have 15GB of internal storage free. I'm probably good for another few years at least.

So, yes, a Note 4 should last a few years - unless you plan on installing everything on the Play Store. (The upcoming 64 bit CPUs will change things, but we'll still be running our old 32 bit phones for a long time after that.)
    01-23-2015 06:00 PM
    I am thinking of ditching my Droid RAZR M instead of hanging in there until July when my contract is up. My only concern is the spring releases . The Note 4 should last very well for several years though I would think. Thoughts? My main requirements are storage space and camera.

I was contemplating the same decision myself. I thought about waiting for the GS6, M9, or LG G4. But, recent leaks about the upcoming flagships haven't really excited me. Ultimately I decided to go with the Note 4. It has top of the line specs, premium build quality, and the Spen. I just ordered mine yesterday; it should be here Monday. You really can't go wrong picking this phone, and it should last you a long time.

01-23-2015 07:35 PM
    I was contemplating the same decision myself. I thought about waiting for the GS6, M9, or LG G4. But, recent leaks about the upcoming flagships haven't really excited me. Ultimately I decided to go with the Note 4. It has top of the line specs, premium build quality, and the Spen. I just ordered mine yesterday; it should be here Monday. You really can't go wrong picking this phone, and it should last you a long time.

I did really well with my Samsung Galaxy 3...had it for the whole two years and was VERY happy with it. I love the fact that the companies finally 'got it' and are giving the phones a couple of updates so you can feel good about keeping these VERY expensive phones for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App on my AMAZING Note 4
    01-24-2015 05:49 PM

If you could buy the phone out right I recommend that. I have both my phones on the edge program and it's really not worth it. I'm waiting until I pay off my devices.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    01-24-2015 06:40 PM
    If you could buy the phone out right I recommend that. I have both my phones on the edge program and it's really not worth it. I'm waiting until I pay off my devices.

Why not? It ends up being the same total cost either way.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    01-24-2015 06:43 PM
    Why not? It ends up being the same total cost either way.
    If you intend on upgrading every six months then yeah go for it. If not then just purchase it out right unless the funds aren't right then I understand

01-24-2015 07:28 PM
    The Note 4 and Note 3 are both great devices. You could get a 3 and save some $$$ or indeed get the Note 4, which is also an incredible device with tangible upgrades to the Note 3, yet at a notable premium.
    01-24-2015 07:43 PM
    That's what I did, upgraded from a G2 and couldn't be happier. Seems like the note 4 has a little better reception and I'm satisfied with both camera and battery life.

01-24-2015 07:51 PM
    I like the edge program. No activation fee. No upgrade fee. Extra discount ontop of my corporate discount. Works for me

Tatt2014 likes this.
    01-24-2015 10:12 PM
    If you want the phone I would say nab it -- There will always be newer phones around the corner. It is a never end cycle haha.
    01-26-2015 12:38 PM