Hello!
    How do you block everything Galaxy Note 4 phones from social media (such as Facebook) and apps (companies) from getting into your phone and even seeing what you're in?
    I ask because when I play some certain games, some people from Facebook saying they knew I like to play that certain game and wants me to join them. I just want to keep my phone to myself at times.
    Also some apps requires to go into my phone to whatever - how & where do you find a switch or something to turn them off from going into my phone now and in the future? I'm not worried about losing apps if I do this.
    Thank you!

************This matter has been resolved - not sure how to note this or remove this question. Thanks!
    01-24-2015 12:27 AM
    Welcome to AC!
    The apps should only be posting to Facebook if you linked your account to it or it is a game that is usually played on Facebook (Like CityVille or FarmVille)
    I'm guessing your other question is regarding app permissions? They usually ask for access to contacts, phone, camera, etc to enable some functionality for the app. They're not looking through your personal data
    01-24-2015 12:30 AM
    You can change your permissions on FB apps to not post to your profile. There is an app that tells you how visible you are on social media. Hang on.... Let me find it.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    UJ95x likes this.
    01-24-2015 08:32 AM
    Open Facebook on your phone and click the three lines in the right corner. From there scroll down to account settings>apps and you can remove apps from there that use your Facebook login.
    UJ95x likes this.
    01-24-2015 10:11 AM
    In addition to what others have stated, head over to the Note 4 forum for your respective carrier device, assuming you're not using an unbranded carrier model, on xda-developers.com and read up on rooting your device. Then read about the XPosed framework and a module for that framework called XPrivacy. XPrivacy will give you fine grained control over all your apps and the permissions they request, allowing you to restrict what they have access to.

However, before you decide to root and install, please please please take the time to familiarize yourself with the pros and cons of doing such and the options available to you should something happen in the process that "bricks" your device. This is not something that you should do unless you are confident you know what you are doing .

posted from an undisclosed device
    01-24-2015 03:35 PM
    Hello!
    How do you block everything Galaxy Note 4 phones from social media (such as Facebook) and apps (companies) from getting into your phone and even seeing what you're in?
    I ask because when I play some certain games, some people from Facebook saying they knew I like to play that certain game and wants me to join them. I just want to keep my phone to myself at times.
    Also some apps requires to go into my phone to whatever - how & where do you find a switch or something to turn them off from going into my phone now and in the future? I'm not worried about losing apps if I do this.
    Thank you!
    The Facebook app is well known for "doing what it wants". Updating without permission, posting without permission, etc. I suggest delete the Facebook app and only go into Facebook through the browser.

Just looked in the app store: Looks like the app still has tons of permissions.
    lterry913 likes this.
    01-25-2015 10:45 AM
    The Facebook app is well known for "doing what it wants". Updating without permission, posting without permission, etc. I suggest delete the Facebook app and only go into Facebook through the browser.

Just looked in the app store: Looks like the app still has tons of permissions.
    Yep this is what I do...no facebook app...just a bookmark in browser, or save bookmark to one of your home screens as a shortcut.
    01-25-2015 12:51 PM
    If you are rooted get the pro version of xprivacy the best app permission app available in my mind but you need root and the xposed framework to make it work
    01-25-2015 03:19 PM
    thank you!
    01-26-2015 01:26 AM
    thank you
    01-26-2015 01:27 AM
    In addition to what others have stated, head over to the Note 4 forum for your respective carrier device, assuming you're not using an unbranded carrier model, on xda-developers.com and read up on rooting your device. Then read about the XPosed framework and a module for that framework called XPrivacy. XPrivacy will give you fine grained control over all your apps and the permissions they request, allowing you to restrict what they have access to.

However, before you decide to root and install, please please please take the time to familiarize yourself with the pros and cons of doing such and the options available to you should something happen in the process that "bricks" your device. This is not something that you should do unless you are confident you know what you are doing .

posted from an undisclosed device

Unless you are really, really familiar with how to mess around with file structures and software, I would not recommend rooting. The Note 4 will work just fine as it is without the need to root the phone.

If you're not familiar with the basics of how to lock down the security aspects of your phone, rooting could potentially do more harm than good to your phone.
    01-26-2015 07:54 AM