Memory card questions regarding Note 4

pauldconyers

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a note 4 for my wife and have a question about a memory card for it. The phone comes with enough memory for most anything she ever would ever do with it as she won't have a ton of multimedia files and such. My question is this. I am thinking about giving her the 32 GB card that is in my Note 2. The thing is its only class 4. I know the write speed to and from the card wouldn't be as fast as possible but being such a lower class card on such a new phone is there any reason it wouldn't work or be problematic?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Only if she's recording 4k videos or doing burst mode stills. It's fast enough for 1080i videos and manually shot pictures.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My experience is that all but Samsung-branded SD cards eventually fail in the Note 3 & 4.

True. I had a SanDisk Ultra one which started unmounting itself for no reason and was draining the battery terribly. Sandisk sent a replacement and that failed too. As soon as I replaced it with a Samsung evo card all problems disappeared. Will never use any other make but Samsung in my Note.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't recycle the older card into your Note 4.

Especially as cheap as a 32GB Class 10 card will be these days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance