This looks good on the Note 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been staring at the sky with my eyes, binoculars and telescopes (and a few planetariums, if they count) since before I was a teen, so I've seen the Milky Way many times, but it never loses its beauty and grandeur.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So I shot this photo of Comet Lovejoy using my telescope mount and my DSLR, 241 second exposure. The blob of stars center below the green comet is the Pleiades Constellation. I am wanting a shorter prime lens for a shot of the Milky Way. The other picture I shot through the eyepiece of my 8" Schmidt-Kassegrain using my Note 4 --- Solar filter on the scope, last October 23 solar eclipse. I was shocked how good the sunspots and eclipse turned out using a cell phone camera.

Lovejoy 241-2 sec.jpg

20141023_163228.jpg

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So I shot this photo of Comet Lovejoy using my telescope mount and my DSLR, 241 second exposure. The blob of stars center below the green comet is the Pleiades Constellation. I am wanting a shorter prime lens for a shot of the Milky Way. The other picture I shot through the eyepiece of my 8" Schmidt-Kassegrain using my Note 4 --- Solar filter on the scope, last October 23 solar eclipse. I was shocked how good the sunspots and eclipse turned out using a cell phone camera.

Very nice job on both and yes, that is quite a surprise for a phone camera shot. Thanks for sharing.

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
That was a great watch. Thank you.

Skyrim had something this during it's night cycle. It was easily my favorite feature of the game.