I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and can't figure out how to add my signature to a text. Can anyone help, please?!!
    01-25-2015 07:51 PM
    I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and can't figure out how to add my signature to a text. Can anyone help, please?!!
    Go to your stock messaging app and click on the setting button. Scroll down and the Signature column is there..

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    01-25-2015 07:53 PM
    Out of curiosity, with text length limitations of SMS and given the fact that recipients are more than likely people who have you in their own contact list why waste character space with a signature line in an SMS? Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    H3aTeRzz and mayconvert like this.
    01-25-2015 07:57 PM
    Out of curiosity, with text length limitations of SMS and given the fact that recipients are more than likely people who have you in their own contact list why waste character space with a signature line in an SMS? Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    I have been asking the same thing for years. My mom does this and it makes no sense at all.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    bassplayrguy and H3aTeRzz like this.
    01-25-2015 08:34 PM
    I don't see it. I've looked everywhere and don't see anything about it.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    01-25-2015 08:35 PM
    sometimes they are not in my contact list. If they don't recognize my number, then they don't know who I am and won't reply.
    01-25-2015 08:37 PM
    Go into Messages, tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner>Settings>scroll down almost to the bottom, tap Signature>tap the slider in the upper right hand corner to select "On", then tap "Edit Signature" to create your signature. Tap "Save" when you are done.

I hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-25-2015 08:51 PM
    01-25-2015 10:22 PM
    my settings screen is nothing like this. I found a screen where signature is shown and it says off. It is grayed out, so there is no way to change the setting to on. Evidently I'm using Message + and something about it won't let me change the settings.
    01-26-2015 07:29 AM
    my settings screen is nothing like this. I found a screen where signature is shown and it says off. It is grayed out, so there is no way to change the setting to on. Evidently I'm using Message + and something about it won't let me change the settings.
    Take screen shots and show us

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    01-26-2015 08:14 AM
    You need to be using the stock messaging app as your default for it to allow you to input a signature. For example, I have Hangouts installed and currently using this as my default messaging app, when I go into the stock messaging app the signature section is greyed out. When I change back to have the stock as my default it allows me to create a signature.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-26-2015 09:04 AM
    I have Message+ as my default app. I changed it to something else today and it would let me add a signature, but then said that "sending was blocked or something to that effect, so I could not send a text until I changed back to Message+. This is very frustrating. Kevin Oates, if I change to Hangouts, can I add a signature? This is driving me crazy, I am just about to call Verizon.
    01-26-2015 08:26 PM
    Stupid question, I know, but why don't you just delete Message+ (assuming its a 3rd party app) and use the stock SMS app, to which will give you the signature option? Verizon won't offer you support for 3rd party apps.

And yes, Hangouts does allow you to add sigs. Good Luck!

EDIT: I don't think Hangouts lets you do signature, as I just enabled it and don't see the option. I'm checking my Textra App now.
    01-26-2015 08:37 PM
    My Textra (3rd party text app) allows me to add my own signatures.
    01-26-2015 08:41 PM
    Is message+ the Verizon SMS app? If it is I have no idea then. I know that the stock SMS app let's you add a signature as I showed in that screenshot. If it's not the Verizon app then why aren't you using the stock SMS?
    01-26-2015 09:09 PM
    Dude, this took me like 2 clicks to find.
    SETTINGS (in message+ Verizon text app)
    SCROLL DOWN
    EDIT SIGNATURE....

Done....
    tested it, it works perfectly.
    01-26-2015 10:11 PM
    I have Message+ as my default app. I changed it to something else today and it would let me add a signature, but then said that "sending was blocked or something to that effect, so I could not send a text until I changed back to Message+. This is very frustrating. Kevin Oates, if I change to Hangouts, can I add a signature? This is driving me crazy, I am just about to call Verizon.
    Hi, no the signature doesn't work in Hangouts sadly.
    01-27-2015 03:46 AM
    Just get Textra app

Posted via Android Central App on Note 4
    01-27-2015 12:31 PM
    Just get Textra app

Posted via Android Central App on Note 4
    Or uninstall whatever and use the stock SMS
    01-27-2015 02:21 PM