So with your S-pen there are two functions....one is smart select which lets u select a part of the pic, and other one is Image clip which lets u clip the image in multiple shapes!

My concern is with both this functions, the image gets saved in Scrapbook. at times I want to clip an image and save it in my Gallery folder. I know the only way to do so right now with the S-pen is to take a screen shot, but most of the time I end up cropping the screen shot cuz I don't want the entire pic....and that saves the image in Gallery (screen shot) folder.

I like how Smart select and Image clip allows me to only get part of the image I want but I dislike how they end up saving the image in Scrapbook. Anyway I can get those two functions to save the image in Gallery? I really hate taking screen shots and cropping them to my like
    01-25-2015 10:34 PM
    When you put the image clip into your Scrapbook, open your scrapbook and then open the clip you just took. Press and hold on the clip and press save image. That saves it to your Gallery. I took a clip of part of your message here just to show you:
    Attached Thumbnails Question about pics in Scrapbook-1422274726433.jpg  
    01-26-2015 06:19 AM
    When you put the image clip into your Scrapbook, open your scrapbook and then open the clip you just took. Press and hold on the clip and press save image. That saves it to your Gallery. I took a clip of part of your message here just to show you:
    Brilliant tip - thanks for that! I ended up not using the feature as I didn't really understand it before, that is until now
    01-26-2015 08:08 AM
    Great Tip...Thanks didn't know about it.
    It's not the most convenient way in the world to do it but I will take it Regardless...I just wished there was a option of saving it directly in the Gallery with the Image clip instead of manually going in and saving it. Oh well...Hope this changes in future models!

Btw since u brought this up, wht's the "copy image" option do....I copied it but I couldn't find exactly where to Paste it. I tried my SMS app 1st, long press in the message area and it doesn't give me the "paste" option. So where can I paste the image?
    01-26-2015 09:43 PM
    I've been able to paste into my message in the stock message app as well as an email in the stock email app. I've done it simply by long pressing, and I do get an option to paste.
    01-26-2015 10:06 PM
    Thanks sooooo much.... always wondered about this... as I use this option a lot !!! Gotto love these forums and learing new things every day !!!
    01-27-2015 12:22 AM
    I've been able to paste into my message in the stock message app as well as an email in the stock email app. I've done it simply by long pressing, and I do get an option to paste.
    Oh i c...Well I didn't try email option, but I don't use the STOCK messaging app hence i didn't get the paste option in the msg app i use!

But yeah thanks for your help! This is one thing off my bucket list to learn about this phone..!
    01-27-2015 04:34 PM
    So with your S-pen there are two functions....one is smart select which lets u select a part of the pic, and other one is Image clip which lets u clip the image in multiple shapes!

My concern is with both this functions, the image gets saved in Scrapbook. at times I want to clip an image and save it in my Gallery folder. I know the only way to do so right now with the S-pen is to take a screen shot, but most of the time I end up cropping the screen shot cuz I don't want the entire pic....and that saves the image in Gallery (screen shot) folder.

I like how Smart select and Image clip allows me to only get part of the image I want but I dislike how they end up saving the image in Scrapbook. Anyway I can get those two functions to save the image in Gallery? I really hate taking screen shots and cropping them to my like
    Use the smart select, you will see the list of pics you have clipped. If you long press one picture, you can select which ones you want to save or send or share. If you share them this way, they will not go away and you can save them later. If you have a file explorer like ES or whatever 3rd party app you have, you can save it directly to your SD.
    01-28-2015 10:06 AM
    HELP!!

Where are all the pics gone from my scrapbook? Why does my Scrap book look like this ? I know there are pics in it, it says 50, but why do the appear as white tiles? Under view it's selected as "All" !! Question about pics in Scrapbook-scrapbook.jpg
    02-26-2015 01:08 AM
    guess any help will be appreciated...I don't want to loose those pics!
    02-26-2015 03:43 PM
    guess any help will be appreciated...I don't want to loose those pics!
    Are they stored on an SD card? If so hook it up to a computer and attempt to get them off as soon as possible.
    If they are stored on the phone, are you using a filter in gallery?
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    03-05-2015 07:48 AM
    07-15-2015 02:55 PM

Not sure if this will fully get you what you want however there is another way around this. I'm using a Galaxy Note 4. It works if you were looking to share the clip you made. Use smart select or image clip as suits you and instead of tapping on the save to scrapbook icon, click on 'share via'. Then choose your poison, be it FB messenger, gmail, facebook, evenote, whatsapp etc etc etc - whatever you have installed. After sharing you can download the image and it gets saved in Gallery in the corresponding folder. In my case I tested this on FB Messenger and the image in now saved in Gallery in the Messenger folder.
    07-15-2015 02:56 PM
    Galaxy note 3 android 5
    im afraid it doesnt work. Pressing the image in scrapbook yields nothing. The only options available are share and export. Exporting is possible only as a scrapbook file, sharing is useless as it only sends the thing somewhither online.

Frankly the bloody 5th android pisses me with every new bug i find and im gettin more resolute to root the phone and install the 4th andr.
    08-02-2015 02:03 AM