unfortunately samsung galaxy has stopped! why ? & how to fix it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might be the Samsung Galaxy Store, which is Samsung's own app store. Try going to the App Manager, select Galaxy Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop.

latinking91

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the note 4 and im getting the same thing in certain applications. Everytime i click to my gallery i get that pop up. Ive cleared the cache but nothing

Posted via My Note 4

rainfallis

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
experiencing same problem. as of today, i've been getting 'unfortunately, samsung galaxy has stopped' whenever i open my gallery. not sure about other apps.

prostheus

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
My fiancé had this issue. I did the following to get rid of it:
- Go to settings, application manager
- Swipe left to go to all the apps
- scroll down to "Samsung Galaxy"
- clear cache, then data
- reset the phone (hold button on right, then choose reset)

This was on her note 4. Hope it helps!

kapanther

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
- clear cache, then data

^^^ works ^^^ disable the "show notifications" while your in there

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
- clear cache, then data

Thanks for this tip! Although when you say "reset," do you mean a simple reboot? I don't think you'd need to do a full factory reset.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this tip! Although when you say "reset," do you mean a simple reboot? I don't think you'd need to do a full factory reset.

I'm pretty sure he meant "select restart" but I agree with you, it is worth clarifying that statement.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I agree! Just wanted to make sure we didn't have a bunch of people thinking they had to go through the hassle of a factory data reset ...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What is the meaning of (unfortunately your Samsung galaxy has stopped.) i have had my samsung galaxy 5 for about 3 months then suddenly this notice appeared

Welcome to the forums. For whatever reason, the app (which is tied to Samsung's version of Android) is crashing. Usually with app crashes, a cache clear is sufficient. However, as a few have reported in this case, an app specific cache clear and Data wipe are needed. I am guessing there is a conflict of data that is happening, which is why both should fix the issue.

Branka Linden

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
experiencing same problem. as of today, i've been getting 'unfortunately, samsung galaxy has stopped' whenever i open my gallery. not sure about other apps.

Exactly the same!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried going to the App Manager, selecting the Galaxy App Store, and Disabling it (or Turning Off), if possible? Obviously, this isn't a great solution if the Galaxy App Store is important to you, but I'd venture a guess that 90% of people don't care about the Galaxy App Store.

Obviouosly, I'm assuming here that "Samsung Galaxy" refers to the Galaxy App Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers