Want full wipe back to stock from root

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Long story short, phone bought from swappa is rooted and wasn't supposed to be. Data and network issues since day one so I want to go completely back to out of box stock. I don't know how to do this. I'm working on a Mac. Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I believe you need to download the appropriate firmware for your phone and install it with odin. Don't know if it works on Mac though.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Your Knox flag will have been tripped invalidating your warranty if it's been rooted but that probably doesn't bother you.

Posted via the Android Central App

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Your Knox flag will have been tripped invalidating your warranty if it's been rooted but that probably doesn't bother you.

Are you sure about that? I rooted my old Note 3 several times and Knox was NEVER tripped.

Add to the op question, you can restart the device and hold power, home and volume down I believe until you see some blue writing at the top left. Then toggle down to wipe/factory reset. You can also do it under backup in settings

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I always used Odin when I wanted to flash a particular firmware with any Samsung phone, but the previous poster may be right. I never tried that.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Add to the op question, you can restart the device and hold power, home and volume down I believe until you see some blue writing at the top left. Then toggle down to wipe/factory reset. You can also do it under backup in settings

Doing this will not unroot your device. A factory reset as suggested may however solve the issues. Rooting in itself will not cause any issues at all. It is what gets done after rooting that could cause instability.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

did you read the post? He stated that the phone wasn't supposed to be rooted.

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz