02-05-2015 06:07 PM
95 1234
tools
    01-28-2015 02:35 PM
    I am in no rush to get it.
    01-28-2015 03:47 PM
    this is totally different because you never knew about the $100 in the first place but Lollipop is definitely coming out... apples oranges
    01-28-2015 11:18 PM
    Bored of hearing people moan about when we gonna get this and Samsung suck bla bla bla... Everyone moans at Samsung but yet all have and buy Samsung phones. Patience is a virtue just wait until it's ready

Posted via the Android Central App
    robcassman and bassplayrguy like this.
    01-29-2015 09:55 AM
    I'm new to Android (more familiar with iPhone). How will we know and how do we get it when it becomes available?
    01-29-2015 11:26 AM
    You will be notified by the phone that there is new firmware available for download or you can connect it to a PC, launch Kies and it will tell you if there is an update.
    01-29-2015 11:33 AM
    What make and model phone do you have?
    01-29-2015 11:50 AM
    What make and model phone do you have?
    SM-N910F
    01-29-2015 11:53 AM
    I personally do not care about when or if I receive the update to Lollipop. HOWEVER, what I hate is when Samsung/Carriers/Google make statements that insinuate the update is coming "before the end of 2014"and then "By the end of January" when it clearly isn't. I'd much rather they shut their mouths until it arrives. It drives me crazy that they all feel like they need to make promises that they cannot and have never kept.
    I think I've followed this situation fairly closely and I do not recall anyone "insinuating" an update before the end of 2014 for American phones, particularly Verizon. Everything I've ever read pointed towards the first quarter of 2015 with, as typical, Verizon dragging up the rear. We're not even midpoint of that timeframe yet.

It'll drop when it drops. Then we can complain about the new bugs it introduces in our phones.
    01-29-2015 03:24 PM
    We may moan and grown but if we knew this was going to happen then maybe none of us would have bought the note 4 in the first place.

It is a good phone can't blame it just the company itself

01-29-2015 04:43 PM
    I think I've followed this situation fairly closely and I do not recall anyone "insinuating" an update before the end of 2014 for American phones, particularly Verizon. Everything I've ever read pointed towards the first quarter of 2015 with, as typical, Verizon dragging up the rear. We're not even midpoint of that timeframe yet.

It'll drop when it drops. Then we can complain about the new bugs it introduces in our phones.
    When lollipop was first announced I just remember reports from everywhere saying end of 2014 for that years' flagships. I don't remember how reliable those "reports" were (obviously not at all) but I do know that I never bother to even read that type of stuff unless it's from tech companies that are legit and established. Around thanksgiving, those same sites started showing tables and charts that all said "January 2015" not 'early 2015'- although I did see some that said that as well.

Again, I don't need or really want Lollipop at the moment. I am fully content with Kit Kat. I'd just love to see the trend of companies giving timelines die completely. There's no reason for it. People will get mad either way so leave the time frames out.
    01-29-2015 05:18 PM
    Well, according to this guy on reddit, it really sped up his Note 3, as in the lag is gone and the memory footprint was reduced by 50%. If that's the case, can't wait until I get this update.

New Impressive Lollipop Touchwiz Gives Nexus Line A Run For Its Money. For Real. - [Performance Analysis] : Android
    01-29-2015 08:22 PM
    Well, according to this guy on reddit, it really sped up his Note 3, as in the lag is gone and the memory footprint was reduced by 50%. If that's the case, can't wait until I get this update.

New Impressive Lollipop Touchwiz Gives Nexus Line A Run For Its Money. For Real. - [Performance Analysis] : Android
    My Note 3 and Note 4 are plenty fast. The truth is I have read some good things about Lollipop. Unfortunately, I've read more bad things about it because there seems to be more bad written about it. I don't want my perfectly working phones...and I mean perfectly working...I don't want them borked.
    01-29-2015 09:49 PM
    We may moan and grown but if we knew this was going to happen then maybe none of us would have bought the note 4 in the first place.

It is a good phone can't blame it just the company itself

You're saying you wouldn't buy the Note 4 if you knew the Lollipop update would be delayed? Really? I'd be willing to be that the number of people who considered whether they'd get the Lollipop update promptly as a factor in buying the Note 4 were somewhere between slim and none.

Typical consumers don't care. Those who do care in theory have known for a long time now that updates on Android are always erratic and just don't occur instantly. That's just what it is. I.e, if you want Android, and particularly if you're not buying Nexus, the likelihood of this happening with some carrier and some phone is fairly high.

Yes, well review some of the info on this site--I believe it was Jerry who wrote the article calling Lollipop filled with bugs. I obviously don't have it yet, so can't offer a direct opinion, but there seems to be a fair number of complaints about Lollipop, even though it does offer some good features, too. It is making me queasy as with every OS update. I'm really afraid of breaking something that at the moment gives me no problems.
    01-30-2015 08:13 AM
    If getting OS updates to your phone keeps you up at night it seems like you'd want to be using a Nexus device so you could get updates in a manner that better meets your expectations. Most consumers just couldn't care less about that.
    01-30-2015 10:54 AM
    If getting OS updates to your phone keeps you up at night it seems like you'd want to be using a Nexus device so you could get updates in a manner that better meets your expectations. Most consumers just couldn't care less about that.
    I have a 2012 & 2013 Nexus 7 - you can read the exact some kind of posts over on their forums. But there is greater outrage because we have Google Nexus devices and where is my update?!
    01-30-2015 11:26 AM
    I have a 2012 & 2013 Nexus 7 - you can read the exact some kind of posts over on their forums. But there is greater outrage because we have Google Nexus devices and where is my update?!
    From what I've read from other Nexus 7 owners in these furums you may want to thank your lucky stars that you don't have the update.
    01-30-2015 12:46 PM
    From what I've read from other Nexus 7 owners in these furums you may want to thank your lucky stars that you don't have the update.
    Actually, I sideloaded the update on my Nexus 7 early on when it first became available. I'm a retired S/W engineer and tend to screw around with my devices a lot.
    01-30-2015 01:22 PM
    You're saying you wouldn't buy the Note 4 if you knew the Lollipop update would be delayed? Really? I'd be willing to be that the number of people who considered whether they'd get the Lollipop update promptly as a factor in buying the Note 4 were somewhere between slim and none.

Typical consumers don't care. Those who do care in theory have known for a long time now that updates on Android are always erratic and just don't occur instantly. That's just what it is. I.e, if you want Android, and particularly if you're not buying Nexus, the likelihood of this happening with some carrier and some phone is fairly high.
    If I wanted to run the latest update on my new Android phone, I would have bought a Nexus. Oh wait, I do own a Nexus 4 & 7. Even with those two, I still chose to buy the Note 4 knowing it had 4.4.4 on it. I just don't care about 5.0 all that much and it wasn't really all that special of an upgrade for the Nexus 4 that I have that got it. My Nexus 7 still has not got the update as of today.

4.4.4 was a solid OS and my Note 4 seems to be running extremely well on it. My first full battery charge and I'm at 4 hrs screen time with 47% battery left. I have a phone that I can actually use now as long as I want to use it. I was lucky to get an hour on the Nexus 4 even with 5.0.
    01-30-2015 02:45 PM
    Is there a particular reason why you want it so badly? Does your phone not work as it should?
    If it gets rid of the stupid Bluetooth share has stopped responding bug I'm all for it.

01-30-2015 02:52 PM
    Mine works fine just like it is. If and when Lollipop is released for the Note 4, I would rather that it is stable and ready for release than be released just to appease all of us enthusiasts and be a steaming pile of...
    Just sayin'.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    01-30-2015 08:36 PM
    One thing I've learned over the past few years is never upgrade on day one. Wait a week or two or even longer and see what people have to say about that update.

On the 2012 Nexus 7 forum, there are lots of people who have regretted updating to Lolipop because it made their device lag. I have one of those 2012 Nexus 7s and it's still on Kitkat. There's no hurry in upgrading mine.
    spotnjack likes this.
    01-31-2015 01:25 AM
    For me the ideal time to update is when I have mastered the current features.

Who knows when that will happen but I'm thinking the seasons may change once or twice.

01-31-2015 08:31 AM
    Didn't mean to start a war just trying to make a point, if your not going to release the update on the attended dates as mentioned then shut up about it seriously.

Two things I hate in life 1. A lier, 2. A thief

01-31-2015 05:09 PM
    If the performance improvements are true, I would rather get the update and deal with a few a bugs, of course that depends on what the bugs are though.

That being said, depending on how touchwiz is updated (supposedly on the GS6 it'll be close to stock) I would rather wait until that update with the new ui is ready and get that rather than get one with the old ui then have to wait until the end of the year to get one with the updated ui.
    01-31-2015 05:25 PM
95 1234