Lollipop update

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm on us cellular SM-N910R4 and still have not seen the lollipop update as promised by Samsung.

This is the end of the month and nothing

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I personally do not care about when or if I receive the update to Lollipop. HOWEVER, what I hate is when Samsung/Carriers/Google make statements that insinuate the update is coming "before the end of 2014" and then "By the end of January" when it clearly isn't. I'd much rather they shut their mouths until it arrives. It drives me crazy that they all feel like they need to make promises that they cannot and have never kept.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I personally do not care about when or if I receive the update to Lollipop. HOWEVER, what I hate is when Samsung/Carriers/Google make statements that insinuate the update is coming "before the end of 2014" and then "By the end of January" when it clearly isn't. I'd much rather they shut their mouths until it arrives. It drives me crazy that they all feel like they need to make promises that they cannot and have never kept.

Seems like common sense, doesn't it? I wish the same.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems like common sense, doesn't it? I wish the same.

I think sometimes we are unfair. We moan about EVERYTHING.

Now, what would happen if they had complete silence on the issue? YES!!! We'd be posting notes and moaning about that, too!

:) Of course. Sometimes things don't work out as planned. That's life. Is my life affected by not getting Lollipop....from what I hear, it may be better for that reason!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Now, what would happen if they had complete silence on the issue? YES!!! We'd be posting notes and moaning about that, too!

:) Of course. Sometimes things don't work out as planned. That's life. Is my life affected by not getting Lollipop....from what I hear, it may be better for that reason!

Patience is a virtue, as they say. Unfortunately, never been a strong suit of mine.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I would have to think Lollypop is a pretty complex piece of software and as it always is with very complex things schedules change. Seems pretty normal to me.

shrug

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I would have to think Lollypop is a pretty complex piece of software and as it always is with very complex things schedules change. Seems pretty normal to me.

shrug

I would agree. I'd rather wait a little longer than be pushed something that may not be quite ready.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If someone promised me $100 next week and was very convincing and left me no reason to disbelieve them, you bet i'd be frustrated if that $100 never came to me. However, if they didn't say a darn thing about it I wouldn't be any bit the wiser and wouldn't complain. I know there are $100 bills out there in existence just like i'd know Lollipop was out there, but I wouldn't be anticipating it thanks to broken promises.

Again, I do not feel the need for lollipop so I wish they would not set deadlines for themselves to deliver on something that they will not make. Of the 3 carriers i've been on, with 5 different phones from 3 different manufacturers, updates have NEVER been on time or by their self imposed deadline. My wish, is that they'd say: "We plan to release 5.0 to the Galaxy Note 4" and leave it at that. No need for time frames because they wont meet them.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I read up on Lollipop and I just don't see what all the noise is about. If my phones never get it I couldn't care less and I'm a phone enthusiast. Its just that my phones work great now with Kit Kat. They're stable. They're fast. They do what I bought them for. I have no problems that I need Lollipop to fix. ...guess I'm just weird or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power