Lollipop update

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
KitKat ruined my Note 3. It is fine on my Note 4. I am in NO hurry to see a couple new icons only to lose my radio and battery functions.

StumpyDaGr8

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
this is totally different because you never knew about the $100 in the first place but Lollipop is definitely coming out... apples oranges

Craig Lawson

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Bored of hearing people moan about when we gonna get this and Samsung suck bla bla bla... Everyone moans at Samsung but yet all have and buy Samsung phones. Patience is a virtue just wait until it's ready

Posted via the Android Central App

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
You will be notified by the phone that there is new firmware available for download or you can connect it to a PC, launch Kies and it will tell you if there is an update.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I personally do not care about when or if I receive the update to Lollipop. HOWEVER, what I hate is when Samsung/Carriers/Google make statements that insinuate the update is coming "before the end of 2014"and then "By the end of January" when it clearly isn't. I'd much rather they shut their mouths until it arrives. It drives me crazy that they all feel like they need to make promises that they cannot and have never kept.

I think I've followed this situation fairly closely and I do not recall anyone "insinuating" an update before the end of 2014 for American phones, particularly Verizon. Everything I've ever read pointed towards the first quarter of 2015 with, as typical, Verizon dragging up the rear. We're not even midpoint of that timeframe yet.

It'll drop when it drops. Then we can complain about the new bugs it introduces in our phones.

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
We may moan and grown but if we knew this was going to happen then maybe none of us would have bought the note 4 in the first place.

It is a good phone can't blame it just the company itself

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I've followed this situation fairly closely and I do not recall anyone "insinuating" an update before the end of 2014 for American phones, particularly Verizon. Everything I've ever read pointed towards the first quarter of 2015 with, as typical, Verizon dragging up the rear. We're not even midpoint of that timeframe yet.

It'll drop when it drops. Then we can complain about the new bugs it introduces in our phones.

When lollipop was first announced I just remember reports from everywhere saying end of 2014 for that years' flagships. I don't remember how reliable those "reports" were (obviously not at all) but I do know that I never bother to even read that type of stuff unless it's from tech companies that are legit and established. Around thanksgiving, those same sites started showing tables and charts that all said "January 2015" not 'early 2015'- although I did see some that said that as well.

Again, I don't need or really want Lollipop at the moment. I am fully content with Kit Kat. I'd just love to see the trend of companies giving timelines die completely. There's no reason for it. People will get mad either way so leave the time frames out.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, according to this guy on reddit, it really sped up his Note 3, as in the lag is gone and the memory footprint was reduced by 50%. If that's the case, can't wait until I get this update.

New Impressive Lollipop Touchwiz Gives Nexus Line A Run For Its Money. For Real. - [Performance Analysis] : Android

My Note 3 and Note 4 are plenty fast. The truth is I have read some good things about Lollipop. Unfortunately, I've read more bad things about it because there seems to be more bad written about it. I don't want my perfectly working phones...and I mean perfectly working...I don't want them borked.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
We may moan and grown but if we knew this was going to happen then maybe none of us would have bought the note 4 in the first place.

It is a good phone can't blame it just the company itself

You're saying you wouldn't buy the Note 4 if you knew the Lollipop update would be delayed? Really? I'd be willing to be that the number of people who considered whether they'd get the Lollipop update promptly as a factor in buying the Note 4 were somewhere between slim and none.

Typical consumers don't care. Those who do care in theory have known for a long time now that updates on Android are always erratic and just don't occur instantly. That's just what it is. I.e, if you want Android, and particularly if you're not buying Nexus, the likelihood of this happening with some carrier and some phone is fairly high.

Well, according to this guy on reddit, it really sped up his Note 3, as in the lag is gone and the memory footprint was reduced by 50%. If that's the case, can't wait until I get this update.

New Impressive Lollipop Touchwiz Gives Nexus Line A Run For Its Money. For Real. - [Performance Analysis] : Android

Yes, well review some of the info on this site--I believe it was Jerry who wrote the article calling Lollipop filled with bugs. I obviously don't have it yet, so can't offer a direct opinion, but there seems to be a fair number of complaints about Lollipop, even though it does offer some good features, too. It is making me queasy as with every OS update. I'm really afraid of breaking something that at the moment gives me no problems.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If getting OS updates to your phone keeps you up at night it seems like you'd want to be using a Nexus device so you could get updates in a manner that better meets your expectations. Most consumers just couldn't care less about that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance