Are you installing CyanogenMod 12 on your Note 4?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Are you installing CyanogenMod 12 on your note 4?

No, I won't be rooting/ROM'ing this device though I've done it with others - just don't see a need to with the Note 4 because the stock performance is so good.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I rooted first day I got the phone. I probably won't install CM12 until it's stable. Also, I'm on Fire Kat V7 and loving it. Don't want to mess with the phone since it's perfect.

ALborntoride

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Does the spen work with firecat? Thought about flashing it but didn't know what all functionality I would lose.

Posted via the Android Central App

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Yes, everything works. It's a modified stock rom for speed and battery life.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

How will CM12 work with the s-pen? I can't see it using it at all as it's not written for the note series.

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

How will CM12 work with the s-pen? I can't see it using it at all as it's not written for the note series.

you will lose all functionalities with CM roms. or you will have to install third party apps but in my experiance they never work properly..
i love CM but i think i will pass it with this phone

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

you will lose all functionalities with CM roms. or you will have to install third party apps but in my experiance they never work properly..
i love CM but i think i will pass it with this phone

Just as I thought. I fail to see the point then. People wanting this should have just bought the Nexus 6 in the first place.

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Just as I thought. I fail to see the point then. People wanting this should have just bought the Nexus 6 in the first place.

Exactly. It is fast hell yeah cm is. But whats the point if u lose all the cool things about ur phone

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

I have never rooted a phone and honestly don't see the need to.

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Wel i got to say i rooted every other phone.. custom roms are better in some was but there allways Will be bugs and I don't want to lose all data everytime there is an update

iowyn

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

Rooting is probably a good idea, but to loose the samsubg camera app and s own support is a ground breaker for installing another custom rom.
I had cm on every other phone, I'll give it a year... maybe less, before deciding... i miss 5.0 though.

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

i know i sayd earlyer that i would not install it..

caught myself !
i did installed it this morning.
i will have to use it for a few days to really know if i will stick with it.

i lost the s-pen possibilities, but i never really used it so i can live with that.
the IR blaster still works with the stock samsung smart remote app so im happy with that, it was the only special feature i used.
the phone is much faster !
i cant really tell something about the battery life just yet, becouse my phone is still getting used to this rom so it takes a few days.
the user interface is 10 times better then touchwiz, i never liked touchewiz.

the giant bummer with cyanogenmod is the camera.. and it allways will be !
we have a great camera on the note4, but cyanogenmod breaks it.

this could be a reason for me to flash back to stock rom or a samsung based custom rom.

but for now i will keep cm12 for a few days to see if i will keep it.
i tought i should post this here for the people that are still concidering of installing it, its worth to do it just to see how things Can be.

Manuel Arreaza

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I was debating doing the same. I guess I'll stick with the stock rom until Rogers releases 5.0.2 sin the coming weeks (sometime in April)
Thanks again

marul69

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I've just installed about an hour ago. And I must say it is smooth, zero lag and error-free. And like most people said, losing the Note 4 Camera sucks. The Camera that it comes with won't even let you save to your SD card or disable the shutter sound. I've installed Open Camera and it's pretty alright. Does anyone know of a better camera app? Anyway, I'm gonna use this for a while and see if I can live without the Note 4 default camera.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is a different beast. The S pen and camera are too good to give up. I really don't see the need to install custom roms. Just shows you don't like the phone as is. So why buy the phone if the first thing you need to do is change everything on it. It also amuses me how people claim to love "stock" android on the Nexus, yet they too can't wait to install the latest CM. So Much for "stock" android huh :-$

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I've just installed about an hour ago. And I must say it is smooth, zero lag and error-free. And like most people said, losing the Note 4 Camera sucks. The Camera that it comes with won't even let you save to your SD card or disable the shutter sound. I've installed Open Camera and it's pretty alright. Does anyone know of a better camera app? Anyway, I'm gonna use this for a while and see if I can live without the Note 4 default camera.

Install FV-5 Camera for Photos and Snap Camera for 4k videos !
its allright.

i liked CM12 but last week i was in a hurry and when i got in my car my phone got suck in a bootloop !! it was bug free and i loved it but after that i got back to stock. no more custom roms for me.. behh!

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I would love to.

But i simply can't because i need the S-Pen.. I use it a lot and so far I haven't found a 3rd Party App that gives me many features to use with the pen =/

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I am using CM on my Nexus 4, and I love it. On my Note 4 though... NEVER. TouchWiz may have its bad bits and pieces, bit what counts is the overall performance. CM doesn't let you use the S-Pen like TouchWiz does, you don't get stuff like Multi Window, Download Booster and all the other goodies. I didn't even root my Note, because I loved it out of the box.