Note 4 burn-in.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I have this Note 4 since the release date. The first 2 months i could not find any burn-in on my display. My Note 3 had some burn in after using it for 5 months.
I typed *#0*# in the dialer and a menu appeared. So i tested the red, green and blue of my screen. The blue shows burn in of my notification bar, the color is bit less colored than the other screen area's.
I tried the fix tools but it didnt helped. I dont know how others are using the application, brightness at half or full? How many hours?
I downloaded the rotate application and use my note 4 sometimes upside-down, maybe it can fix my problem ( not sure about this)
I also discovered that the white is becoming a bit like yellow brown. I even tried changing the diplay modes.

Are there more of you with this burn in and white color problem?

Any solution?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any problems with burn in. And I do use a desktop clock at night. I make sure the app has the option to move around so there is no burn in.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
i keep the screen at 100% all the time and never saw any burn in. Alarm clock does not move around to help avoid it either. i think its a scam (burn in )

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The desk top alarm clock does move around every 5 minutes. As far as screen burn in, I don't think that will be a issue.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Which app are you using as desktop clock? And you have some recommended settings for that. Wanna try that.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Try the *#0*# in the dialer and use the bluescreen ( dont forget to put brightness high) and try to look at the screen from some angles, at mine i can see a line. This line is where the statusbar is located.

Sherryplus

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in how to fix screen burn in as well. I just checked and on blue I got it too... :(...

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a little premature to be ringing the "burn in" alarm bell. There may be a unit here or there that has it, but the majority of users are either not noticing the problem or not having it.

I've had mine since the release date, use it daily, it is never turned off at night, variety of screen brightness settings, mostly lower level brightness to extend battery life. No burn in issues that I can see.

If you had issues with burn in, you'd be able to see it with the screen on in regular use, and at some angles you should see it if the screen is off. Not just when you're playing around with the color schemes.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've seen plenty of burn in on Samsung Galaxy phones in store models but tbh they are always on so you would expect it but on my own personal devices I have owned a Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket , s3, s4, note 3 and note 4 and so far no burn in what so ever on any of those phones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a little premature to be ringing the "burn in" alarm bell. There may be a unit here or there that has it, but the majority of users are either not noticing the problem or not having it.

I've had mine since the release date, use it daily, it is never turned off at night, variety of screen brightness settings, mostly lower level brightness to extend battery life. No burn in issues that I can see.

If you had issues with burn in, you'd be able to see it with the screen on in regular use, and at some angles you should see it if the screen is off. Not just when you're playing around with the color schemes.

I got your point,
But with the color schemes you can find out if your phone is starting to get it. Always the blue schemes are the first to get the burn in.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy Note 4

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm interested in how to fix screen burn in as well. I just checked and on blue I got it too... :(...

Try to download a white screen from google and check if you can still see the burn in.

The blue scheme is always the first 1 to get the burn in, {my experience}
And that is a sign that it can become visible after a while.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There are "screen burn-in" apps in the Play Store. I haven't noticed any burn-in on any of my phones thankfully.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423479731.854635.jpg

from the iPhone •6+• 📱

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
would you have noticed it if you hadn't dialed in the code? Is it visible to the naked eye? If not why stress over it?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
would you have noticed it if you hadn't dialed in the code? Is it visible to the naked eye? If not why stress over it?

It seems like with OLED/AMOLED screens some see screen burn-in while with LCD screens some end up with a dead pixel. I've had the latter (actually on my first iPhone 6+) but not the former. I will keep my fingers crossed as 3 out of 5 of my phones have AMOLEDs.

from the iPhone •6+• 📱

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I got your point,
But with the color schemes you can find out if your phone is starting to get it. Always the blue schemes are the first to get the burn in.

I got your point, I think you missed mine. If the only way you can even begin to detect "burn in" is by accessing a menu that the majority of users won't know how to find on their phone, then I question the "issue" at hand.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908