What Browser is Good for Note 4?

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
What internet browser do you guys recommend? Im not liking chrome or the stock browser.

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Dolphin, Stock--It all depends on what I am browsing and what and how I want to look at it.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've always been a Dolphin fan back to the early days of Android. Back then the stock browser was not mature enough for daily use.

Dolphin is still my preference, but I find myself using stock more and more.

Some sites don't load properly in Dolphin, but load right up in the stock browser.

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Tried almost all of them, loved Opera but battery drain is high, tried using Stock since last week, very little drain and very fast , love it.
Also quick access let's you use the phone 1 handed which is very handy.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've always been a Dolphin fan back to the early days of Android. Back then the stock browser was not mature enough for daily use.

Dolphin is still my preference, but I find myself using stock more and more.

Some sites don't load properly in Dolphin, but load right up in the stock browser.

I'm a confirmed chrome user. But would happily convert to the present "internet" as on the note. If I could just get my chrome bookmarks across.......

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm a confirmed chrome user. But would happily convert to the present "internet" as on the note. If I could just get my chrome bookmarks across.......

I did, I am not sure the steps, prob import/export but it all synced across.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Chuck,

But no! There are no issues synching between chrome on various devices, pc, or even platforms. What I (and many chrome users out there judging from Google searches) are looking for is a effective and consistent method to sync chrome bookmarks to the native android Internet browser. It only became an issue to me as chrome and the s pen functions are not fully integrated. There are clear benefits is using the "internet browser" opposed to chrome but only if i can import my bookmarks as well.

Spikes

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with Chrome on Android, and rely heavily on the bookmark sync to my desktop Chrome, and sync between my Note 4 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5.

Last edited:

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Chuck,

But no! There are no issues synching between chrome on various devices, pc, or even platforms. What I (and many chrome users out there judging from Google searches) are looking for is a effective and consistent method to sync chrome bookmarks to the native android Internet browser. It only became an issue to me as chrome and the s pen functions are not fully integrated. There are clear benefits is using the "internet browser" opposed to chrome but only if i can import my bookmarks as well.

Spikes
Apologies for quoting my own post.

I solved this issue by using an app called Xmarks. Bookmarks are now synced to xmarks on both notes. Android "internet" is set as the default app to open from xmarks.

My thanks to Leeshor for a post on 2012 directing to "cmarks" app

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Really wish you could remember how exactly you did this. I do not see an obvious method.

Know you already got sorted but my chrome bookmarks are located under the Folder called Samsung account on Internet browser, so i persume i had option checked to sync internet under samsung account and then it synced all across, sorry don't remember much how it happened as i got my phone on launch day and have bookmarks since.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Will try that setup when I do a factory reset again. Theoretically it should sync if the same credentials are used ie google account for device, Samsung account and obviously chrome. I have however so far always used a non gmail account for my Samsung account.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Will try that setup when I do a factory reset again. Theoretically it should sync if the same credentials are used ie google account for device, Samsung account and obviously chrome. I have however so far always used a non gmail account for my Samsung account.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

That's it, I have same gmail account for google device, chrome and samsung account,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37