This is actually my wifes phone.

Randomly, perhaps two days or so all bars will drop to zero and the 4G LTE Icon will go grey. WiFi will still work, but data & voice fail. Turning on airplane mode doesn't work. Tap airplane mode and it will say are you sure then the bars and lte icon disappear, but instead of the airplane mode icon coming on, it just stays grey..as if its half on.

The only thing that brings it back is a restart. I've cleared the cache, done a battery pull but this issue presents itself every few days no matter what I do..and I can't prove this but I don't think a factory reset is going to do anything. Is anyone elses' doing this? Problem is it never does it at the VZW store, and they'd just pull the battery and say oh look, fixed.

She and I went up to Vermont this past weekend in a very rural area. My Note 3 and her Note 4 only managed to get 2 bars of 1x the entire time...that said, it didn't do the whole drop data entirely thing there..So I think it might be somewhat related to LTE. We were there long enough that if it was going to drop it, it would've.
    01-27-2015 11:24 PM
    How is the LTE signal around you? Is VoLTE activated on your phone ("Advanced Calling")? If so, try turning it off, in Settings>Mobile Networks>VoLTE Call​.
    01-27-2015 11:42 PM
    Excellent. At home her Note 4 has four bars of XLTE (band 4) service on her Note 4. To be exact: -84 decibels. We live in Eastern MA and this area is blanketed with LTE. VoLTE is disabled. I can get the baseband version if you like, but it's on Verizon and is current (Just checked for updates)

Where we are signal is excellent. My Note and hers have similar signal strength (when hers is working, it's usually better by a few decibels) There are a few weakspots here and there where it will fall back to 3G the state but for the most part it's always on LTE (along with my Note 3.) The issue is that randomly it seems to disconnect entirely from the network. Voice AND Data. Calls to the phone go straight to voice mail, airplane mode will not engage/disengage. On reset it's fine.
    01-28-2015 12:21 AM
    Excellent. At home her Note 4 has four bars of XLTE (band 4) service on her Note 4. To be exact: -84 decibels. We live in Eastern MA and this area is blanketed with LTE. VoLTE is disabled. I can get the baseband version if you like, but it's on Verizon and is current (Just checked for updates)

Where we are signal is excellent. My Note and hers have similar signal strength (when hers is working, it's usually better by a few decibels) There are a few weakspots here and there where it will fall back to 3G the state but for the most part it's always on LTE (along with my Note 3.) The issue is that randomly it seems to disconnect entirely from the network. Voice AND Data. Calls to the phone go straight to voice mail, airplane mode will not engage/disengage. On reset it's fine.
    My Sprint note 4 doesn't this

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    01-28-2015 12:46 AM
    I'd take a video of the phone's screen the next time this happens, then bring it back to Verizon and show them the evidence. It sounds like a hardware problem.
    01-28-2015 12:47 AM
    I'd take a video of the phone's screen the next time this happens, then bring it back to Verizon and show them the evidence. It sounds like a hardware problem.
    I wound up factory resetting it just hoping that it was a glitch & I wouldn't have to deal with getting a refurb...Didn't work. Instead of every few days it dropping the mobile network it got to the point of every six hours.

It was replaced with a new out of box Note 4 and so far so good..
    B. Diddy and Jude526 like this.
    01-30-2015 03:01 PM