why is everyone so hyped about lollipop?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The same reason people foam at the mouth in the weeks/months prior to a new phone rolling out. Gotta have the latest/greatest/cutting edge.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Im tired of Kitkat, i gained so much weight because of so many calories on them. Its time for a change with less calories like lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I see so many threads about it. Isn't the note4 fast enough as it is?

Posted via the Android Central App

People like new things, whether it's good or bad. I like my Note 4 as it is and don't care if it's got latest Google's confectionary in it. It does what I want it to do perfectly well.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Cause carriers lock down devices making it hard to customize and fix or bypass software issues/limitations ourselves so users are forced to hope that the next iteration of software is going to fix things . . .

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I have Lollipop on my Nexus 7 tablet - it's OK, but not a lot different. There are changes I like and others I don't care for.

It will be just like every other update - we're exited to get it, then complain once it's here.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I see so many threads about it. Isn't the note4 fast enough as it is?

This AC article explains it all quite well (excerpt below, bolded part by me! :)): Why you'll never have the latest version of Android | Android Central

Excerpt:
"As updates become more common, and consumers become more tech-savvy, there’s an increasing awareness that devices can be updated, and an expectation that they should be updated. With that comes a sort of “update anxiety.” If you’ve dropped by any smartphone message board, such as our own forums or XDA’s, you’ll know what we mean by this. Threads abound asking when ICS, or Jelly Bean, will be available for certain devices. In the event of delayed or even canceled updates, Internet denizens swear they’ll never buy another phone from that manufacturer or carrier again. It’s an entirely negative ownership experience.

While this isn’t representative of the entire user base -- not by far -- it’s an example of how many power users experience Android smartphones. They’re always behind the curve, always waiting on an update, never fully enjoying the product that they’ve bought as they’ve bought it. Part of that is the fault of the tech press -- we’re always focused on what’s new, and that means talking about software that hasn’t yet reached most folks."

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I love the new and different. It is a challenge for the synapse to get wrapped around different. Just what the Doctor ordered.

TheDoctor.jpg

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't need much more on my Note 4. as long as nothing gets messed up my want list is pretty small.
No app crashes, small improvements in Notifications ...

Rally Android

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly lollipop fixes the issues with files on the SD card. Right now I have to use the stock Samsung stock gallery application in order to delete images or videos. It has limited functionality compared to other galley apps. That's a big, to me, reason to look forward. But I need to see what else lollipop changes, whether for good or bad.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
SD card access changes will be nice. It will be interesting to see what native ART runtime does for performance - 5.0 on my 2013 Nexus 7 definitely speeded up startup. Also, USB audio out supposedly will work.